+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP and LMIA with different employer CEC category

p.sejal17

Aug 17, 2019
Hello,
I need some guidance regarding LMIA and Job Offer. I am on PGWP, I have Job offer with different (Future) employer with positive LMIA. I am not working with them yet. I claimed 50 points in EE profile. I got ITA in CEC category. My NOC code is the same in LMIA and Canadian experience of 1 year. My biggest worry and confusion is that Do I have to start working with this employer before I got LMIA ? My Job offer says as below :
Duration of Contract
1. The effective date of joining will be upon getting your permanent residency in Canada and this will be a permanent and full-time position.
2. This job offer is valid for at least 1 year upon getting permanent resident visa in Canada.

Will IRCC need me to work with this employer before I got LMIA ? Meaning Does this employer need to be my current employer to offer a job with LMIA to me or it can be a future employer and I can start working after I get my PR in Canada.

I would really appreciate if somebody experienced can guide me please.

p.sejal17

Aug 17, 2019
Hello,
I need some guidance regarding LMIA and Job Offer. I am on PGWP, I have Job offer with different (Future) employer with positive LMIA. I am not working with them yet. I claimed 50 points in EE profile. I got ITA in CEC category. My NOC code is the same in LMIA and Canadian experience of 1 year. My biggest worry and confusion is that Do I have to start working with this employer before I got LMIA ? My Job offer says as below :
Duration of Contract
1. The effective date of joining will be upon getting your permanent residency in Canada and this will be a permanent and full-time position.
2. This job offer is valid for at least 1 year upon getting permanent resident visa in Canada.

Will IRCC need me to work with this employer before I got LMIA ? Meaning Does this employer need to be my current employer to offer a job with LMIA to me or it can be a future employer and I can start working after I get my PR in Canada.

I would really appreciate if somebody experienced can guide me please.
@scylla can you please guide me?? I request you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.