+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Amendment remove conditions Processing time

thrigaya

Star Member
Apr 30, 2021
Hi,

I received a PGWP but it had conditions: Not authorized to work in childcare, education and health field occupations. I had submitted upfront medical but officer did not see it and still put that condition. I have sent my permit for amendment to the Ottawa office. Anyone who has recently gone through this process? How much time does it take to get the amended work permit? Is there a way to track or follow up after sending it?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi,

I received a PGWP but it had conditions: Not authorized to work in childcare, education and health field occupations. I had submitted upfront medical but officer did not see it and still put that condition. I have sent my permit for amendment to the Ottawa office. Anyone who has recently gone through this process? How much time does it take to get the amended work permit? Is there a way to track or follow up after sending it?
What field do you want to work in, is it one that is not allowed? If not then you don't have a problem.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I do work as a therapist in a hospital. So I am not allowed to work legally. I had to stop working and waiting for the amendment.
I can't give you a time frame for the processing. Did you work at the hospital as part of your studies or as part time work off campus? If you did you would have had a vulnerable sector check, did you provide a valid check with your app. I don't know if it's a required doc for the PGWP but it is possible you might have had those conditions imposed if you didn't.

thrigaya

Star Member
Apr 30, 2021
I can't give you a time frame for the processing. Did you work at the hospital as part of your studies or as part time work off campus? If you did you would have had a vulnerable sector check, did you provide a valid check with your app. I don't know if it's a required doc for the PGWP but it is possible you might have had those conditions imposed if you didn't.
None of my prior work permits for Co-Op had those conditions.. and VSS is not a requirement for pgwp.. medical exam is the only requirement to remove this condition and I had provided one.. Seems to be an error that the office put the condition.. maybe they didn’t see my medical..Thank you though.. as of now it seems to be a waiting game..

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
None of my prior work permits for Co-Op had those conditions.. and VSS is not a requirement for pgwp.. medical exam is the only requirement to remove this condition and I had provided one.. Seems to be an error that the office put the condition.. maybe they didn’t see my medical..Thank you though.. as of now it seems to be a waiting game..
I didn't think the VSS should be a requirement for the PGWP, it should be specific to the job you apply for, as the PGWP is an OWP. But it would be strange that not including a medical would cause them to put those conditions on the permit. Maybe they just made a mistake as you said.

Hopefully another member can provide more insight.