+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP & Visitors Visa

avian12

Feb 21, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I'm thinking of putting in a PGP application for my mother. However, I would like to have her come visit this summer on a tourist visa. Is there any issue with applying for both?

Background:
She has multiple rejections for tourist visa to the US (lack of ties to home country). Single mother with very limited assets to her name in India.

Appreciate your advice.

Thanks,
HP

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I'm thinking of putting in a PGP application for my mother. However, I would like to have her come visit this summer on a tourist visa. Is there any issue with applying for both?

Background:
She has multiple rejections for tourist visa to the US (lack of ties to home country). Single mother with very limited assets to her name in India.

Appreciate your advice.

Thanks,
HP
You can sure apply. The 2 application are not related.

Similar to US tourist visa, your mom needs to demonstrate strong tie to her home country. Otherwise, it will be rejected just like her US tourist visas.

Sarapgw

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
You can sure apply. The 2 application are not related.

Similar to US tourist visa, your mom needs to demonstrate strong tie to her home country. Otherwise, it will be rejected just like her US tourist visas.
Hi;
I am permanent resident. I would like my mom and dad to visit Canada this summer on tourist visa. Do I have to show proof of fund since I am permanent resident?
In the website it says temporary resident should show proof of funds.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi;
I am permanent resident. I would like my mom and dad to visit Canada this summer on tourist visa. Do I have to show proof of fund since I am permanent resident?
In the website it says temporary resident should show proof of funds.
They are applying for tourist visa, so they should show that they have enough funds for their holiday in canada.