+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pgp landing process

Mar 25, 2010
Hi, my mom (from India) is going to complete the pr landing process at pearson.

I have a few questions:
1. Proof of funds - does bank account passbooks count?
- Or does she needs to have a draft/cash?
- Or PGP does not require to show proof of funds?

2. Does PR card and SIN applications get processed at the same time (@ the airport)?
- how long did it take to get the pr card?

3. List of items to bring / follow - does jewellery require a rough price estimate? Or they need to be officially valued by a jeweller?

4. Health insurance - does my mom immediately become eligible for ohip?
- If she has to visit a doctor (till she gets her card), do i pay cash?
- any recommendatiins on getting supplimental health insurance till she gets ohip coverage)?
- what documentation did you provide to get ohip coverage?

5. If someone has gone through this process recently, would appreciate if you could share your experience.

Thanks for your help!!

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi, my mom (from India) is going to complete the pr landing process at pearson.

I have a few questions:
1. Proof of funds - does bank account passbooks count?
- Or does she needs to have a draft/cash?
- Or PGP does not require to show proof of funds?

2. Does PR card and SIN applications get processed at the same time (@ the airport)?
- how long did it take to get the pr card?

3. List of items to bring / follow - does jewellery require a rough price estimate? Or they need to be officially valued by a jeweller?

4. Health insurance - does my mom immediately become eligible for ohip?
- If she has to visit a doctor (till she gets her card), do i pay cash?
- any recommendatiins on getting supplimental health insurance till she gets ohip coverage)?
- what documentation did you provide to get ohip coverage?

5. If someone has gone through this process recently, would appreciate if you could share your experience.

Thanks for your help!!
1. No proof of funds for family sponsorship of PA

2. Not at the same time. I think if she can provide her Canada address (yours assuming that she will stay with you), then CBSA can enter that in the system and get the PR card application started. As for SIN, some airport has Service Canada "office" and can process SIN application. I am not sure about Pearson. And I do not know the trend of new PR card processing time.

3. Not sure

4. As of today OHIP has no waiting period (3 months wait waved because of COVID). But I do not know if it will change when she is landing. If waiting period is back on, then it's better if she can get private health insurnce for the initial 3 months.
https://www.ontario.ca/page/apply-ohip-and-get-health-card

5. Noop