+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

DevGurgaon

Aug 14, 2015
Hi everyone, I am trying to upload photos to online portal, when I m doing as PDF it’s just fitting to one corner of page or if m doing jpeg it’s only one side of photo as one file. Is there any way to upload both sides in accurate dimensions. These photos were taken at staples.
I think you might be better off checking PGP 2021 thread. As I understand the latest invite and application process is online. Ppl here got invite in Jan and application was paper based.

CanEra

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
Baroda,India
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/06/2013
IELTS Request
submitted w/ appli.
File Transfer...
26-10-2013
Med's Request
16-01-2014
Med's Done....
28-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2014
LANDED..........
Almost by June2014
Friends, I need guidance here:
Who is required to submit the online PGP application: Sponsor or the principal applicant?

anshuman

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APRIL 2014
Hello Guys

Parents PR application got approved, got DM2 and already replied to the portal for virtual landing.

Application Sent: 2021 January 21
Visa office: CPC Mississauga
AOR: Never received
Biometrics: 2021 September 01
Medicals: 2021 August 31
DM Sponsor approval: 2021 September 09
PCC request: Got with SA and submitted 2021 September 10
Additional document request: None
Pre-arrival service letter: 2021 November 16
DM PR: 2021 November 17
PR portal: 2021 November 17

Thank you all.

Last edited:

Gurisandhu9999

May 12, 2021
Hello Guys

Parents PR application got approved, got DM2 and already replied to the portal for virtual landing.

Thank you all.
Where was your file processing?

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
Hello Guys

Visa office: CPC Mississauga

Thank you all.
I also have a similar timeline and got DM2 and pre arrival service yesterday.

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
I recently got a PCC for my parents through BLS and I walked in. I had an option to take BLS appointment but I walked in and applied with my parents.
You need to have your relative to visit police station in India once you receive an email police verification initiated. Sooner your relative completes the formality at police station in India, quicker is the PCC. Once police submit clear report, write an email and phone consulate to print it otherwise consulate takes forever to print it. Let me know if you need anything.
we got PCC in 2.5 weeks.

you need following documents for BLS
-Your Indian passport copy even if it is cancelled due to Canadian citizenship.
-Your landing paper
-Your driver license
-Your Canadian passport or citizenship copy or PR card
-Your parents Indian passport copy and copy of -all the stamps on the passport of your parents
-one photo each for parents
-And also take any letter from IRCC asking your parents for PCC like the SA letter or any other document showing your parents immigration application is in process as consulate doesn’t issue PCC to visitors. I was verbally asked by BLS about it but was not asked for any letter. Just take it in case BLS ask you this.

Again for any kind of delay submit a webform and provide proof to show you are making all efforts to get the requested document as soon as possible.
MER is medical exam result according to me.
Does your ecas shows medical result has been received? If it shows it means your parents passed medical exam.

wish you good luck
Hi @jadeja great to see your file progressed to DM2 with pre arrival letter.
I had a question about timelines with consulate once the status on passport seva website says 'pcc is clear and available for issuance'. I wrote an email to consulate about pcc on friday, do we get response to our email to consulate or they act and we directly receive PCC at home?

Mat20

Sep 8, 2021
I also have a similar timeline and got DM2 and pre arrival service yesterday.
Congratulations ...wondering when they send pre arrival letter, do they mention the passport has to be valid any period? My mother's passport is going to expire after 6 months. Not sure if I should renew it....Then I have to let IRCC know new passport information.

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
Hi @jadeja great to see your file progressed to DM2 with pre arrival letter.
I had a question about timelines with consulate once the status on passport seva website says 'pcc is clear and available for issuance'. I wrote an email to consulate about pcc on friday, do we get response to our email to consulate or they act and we directly receive PCC at home?
In my case, consulate was very lazy in issuing the PCC. I got the clear report but still they were not issuing the PCC. I wrote an email to the consulate and requested them to issue the PCC as soon as possible and gave a reason why I needed PCC immediately. I did this to minimize the delay. Consulate within two days issued my PCC and I picked it up from the BLS location. Yes, I got an email from consulate that they will immediately issue the PCC. Contacting consulate was my choice, an applicant is not required to contact them.
BLS offer courier and pick up when applying, I chose to pick up from their location.
Even if you don’t contact consulate, you are still going to get the PCC as they have to process your application. I contacted consulate to minimize the delay in the processing of PR application.

Last edited:

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
Congratulations ...wondering when they send pre arrival letter, do they mention the passport has to be valid any period? My mother's passport is going to expire after 6 months. Not sure if I should renew it....Then I have to let IRCC know new passport information.
When I got the sponsorship approval, the letter stated that the passport needs to be valid for at least 12 months. Pre service letter didn’t mention about the validity of the passport and it was not applicable to us because my parents are already in Canada for a long time. I suggest renewing the passport to avoid delays in future.

Reactions: Mat20

KAUSHAL321

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
my parents got passport request .file received pgp 24 feb 2021 .
Congrats. What their bio status shows. Mine still shows bio not received yet its been done for more then a month now. On the top right window on my cic account there are the bio enrolment nos. with date. Thanks

Mat20

Sep 8, 2021
When I got the sponsorship approval, the letter stated that the passport needs to be valid for at least 12 months. Pre service letter didn’t mention about the validity of the passport and it was not applicable to us because my parents are already in Canada for a long time. I suggest renewing the passport to avoid delays in future.
Thanks for your reply. I will renew it then. Looks like in my case, it will be a long waiting I haven't even got the SA letter. My application was received on January 25 and I received AOR September 3. Nothing after that....

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
Thanks for your reply. I will renew it then. Looks like in my case, it will be a long waiting I haven't even got the SA letter. My application was received on January 25 and I received AOR September 3. Nothing after that....
You should renew then. Sponsorship approval letter states for everyone that passport must have atleast 12 months validity. Send all pages of new passport through webform. Wish you good luck.

Reactions: Mat20

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
Check your application to avoid common mistakes
If your parents or grandparents have dependent children
  • If your application includes a dependent child (under the age of 18) and one parent is not immigrating to Canada, the parent or guardian not coming to Canada must submit a signed copy of the Declaration from Non-Accompanying Parent/Guardian for Minors Immigrating to Canada (IMM 5604). You must include a piece of photo identification from the parent/guardian who is NOTaccompanying the minor to Canada. If having this form signed by the other parent is impossible (for example, their whereabouts are unknown), you must include a letter of explanation with the application. An officer will review this explanation and advise you of any next steps. Submit the additional information under “other” on your online application.
IMM 5476
  • If using a representative, this form must be provided by both the sponsor and the principal applicant. For sponsorship applications, you must complete and provide separate forms for the sponsor and principal applicant.
IMM 0008
  • For sponsorship applications, the principal applicant’s spouse or common-law partner must be included on the IMM 0008 form, whether they’ll immigrate to Canada or not.
Marriage certificates
  • If you have a co-signer and they are your spouse, make sure you include a copy of your valid marriage certificate with your application. The document(s) you submit must show that the marriage was legally registered with the government where it took place.
    • Note: A record of solemnization is not acceptable for marriages that were legally registered in Canada or the United States of America.
  • If you are only sponsoring one parent or grandparent because the other is deceased, you don’t need to include a marriage certificate. You should include a letter explaining the situation, as well as the deceased parent’s death certificate.
  • If your parents don’t have a marriage certificate, include a detailed explanation as to why you can’t provide one.
  • If your parents are divorced, you can include a notarized divorce certificate to prove your parent is not a dependant of your other parent.
Passports
  • Copies of passports for people being sponsored should include all the pages.
  • Copies of the sponsor’s and co-signer’s passport should include the pages showing the passport number, issue and expiry dates, photo, name, surname, and place and date of birth.
  • You don’t need to get translations for the stamps in passports.
Birth certificates
  • Make sure you submit a copy of your birth certificate, and (if you have included dependants in your application) the birth certificates of your family members.
  • If you don’t have access to a birth certificate for someone you’re sponsoring, or the one you have doesn’t clearly show your relationship (for example, a name is incorrect), you can give a document that shows the relationship between you and your family member along with a letter of explanation. You should also still include a copy of your birth certificate.
    • If you are sponsoring the mother/father of your mother/father, you must include a photocopy of your mother/father’s birth certificate, to clearly show the relationship between the two of you.
Original documents
  • Don’t submit an original copy of a document unless you are asked to submit one.

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
For applicants from India. Don’t forget to provide country specific documents as stated in the sponsorship approval letter.

Birth certificates: If a birth is registered late, include a copy of the original baptism certificate and copies of other original documents establishing identity such as:
    • Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
    • Voter's ID card.
  • For divorces obtained in this country, please submit copies of a complete divorce petition, a judgment and a final divorce decree.
  • Supplementary Information – Your travels [IMM 5562] (PDF, 1.76 MB)
    The principal applicant and all family members included in the application who are 18 years of age or older must complete this form.
  • Marriage certificate: affidavits are not considered. Provide the Adhaar Card and voter ID card copy to prove principal applicant and dependent spouse relationship.