+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

Bz2

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
You could try asking this question on IRCC's social media.
I will be a citizen though i mean I scheduled for citizenship oath on 17 nov and my parents application just started as I receive AOR this past Thursday so how does things change for me now? If i go somewhere like temporarily will it effect my parents application? My address is going to b same like in canada bank accounts everything is going to be here my kids are obviously canadian citizens and will always be so how do things chnage for me??

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I will be a citizen though i mean I scheduled for citizenship oath on 17 nov and my parents application just started as I receive AOR this past Thursday so how does things change for me now? If i go somewhere like temporarily will it effect my parents application? My address is going to b same like in canada bank accounts everything is going to be here my kids are obviously canadian citizens and will always be so how do things chnage for me??
I don't think IRCC is putting down anything different for PGP sponsorship (vs spousal and dependent sponsorship, they clearly have a different requirement for PR and for citizen).

I do not think becoming a citizen will affect or change anything for sponsoring your parents.

prisha55

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Hello Group members please help.

I received passport request letter however letter is only addressed with my dad (principal applicant name), there is No separate letter under my mom (accompanying spouse ) name.
are we suppose to receive 2 separate passport letter under each applicant name?

saifali_a95

Jan 8, 2021
Hello Group members please help.

I received passport request letter however letter is only addressed with my dad (principal applicant name), there is No separate letter under my mom (accompanying spouse ) name.
are we suppose to receive 2 separate passport letter under each applicant name?
No. You are supposed to get only one letter under the primary applicant's name (which is your Dad in your case). Just send your mother's passport along with the same letter.

Reactions: prisha55

Daisy.Brahpuria

Jan 12, 2017
Is there a way to track the application status for my parents, I had applied online on the portal. I have received the AOR and an additional document request, which i had responded to. But apart from that, there is no update. I had applied in dec 2021 and received AOR in july.

I had also used this link - https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en but the system doesnt find the application.

Bz2

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Is there a way to track the application status for my parents, I had applied online on the portal. I have received the AOR and an additional document request, which i had responded to. But apart from that, there is no update. I had applied in dec 2021 and received AOR in july.

I had also used this link - https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en but the system doesnt find the application.
Same situation

Aakash87

Oct 24, 2016
Hello 2020 applicants, does anyone have a general time line from when they submit passports to when you receive them back?

Also, how long do the visa offices usually give you to submit passports?

Also, if you get a PPR but were planning on travelling to Canada before the request expires, can you travel first, then update the office that you are currently in Canada to get the instructions on how to submit from Canada?

Sorry for all the questions but your help is greatly appreciated!
Any luck ?
I am in the same boat. I received PPR on 1st Nov 2022, but my parents are travelling to Canada on 11th Nov 2022. I have raised a web form to update the address and requested for virtual landing. Could you please advise if your parents were successful in doing Virtual landing and how long did it take from the point you raised a web form ? Thanks.

Aakash87

Oct 24, 2016
Any update? Very similar timeline for us.
How did you choose b/w ppr and virtual landing ? I received a letter (ppr), and it asks us to update the address to Canada if there is any change. But not sure how to select virtual landing.

jogesh

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2010
Doc's Request.
File trf to NDVO 04-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-04-2010
File Transfer...
04-05-2010 Starts processing on 08-02-2012
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
03-12-2012
Interview........
HOPEFULLY WAIVED
Passport Req..
08-11-2012 SUBMITTED ON 29-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2013
LANDED..........
Mid oct 2013 by god grace
Hello everyone
I got the PGP invitation on Wednesday I am looking for good lawyer or consultant. Can someone please suggest.
I recommend Navdeep Sharma 7783200620. He is in Vancouver BC

Sehrawat_R

Mar 15, 2022
I don't think IRCC is putting down anything different for PGP sponsorship (vs spousal and dependent sponsorship, they clearly have a different requirement for PR and for citizen).

I do not think becoming a citizen will affect or change anything for sponsoring your parents.
Undernoted info on cicnews.com are worth noting in this regard:

"living in Canada:
If you are a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when your sponsored relative becomes a permanent resident.

You cannot sponsor someone if you are a permanent resident living outside of Canada."

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011

"living in Canada:
If you are a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when your sponsored relative becomes a permanent resident.

You cannot sponsor someone if you are a permanent resident living outside of Canada."
the noted info on cicnews.com, are IRCC rules in relation to who can apply and conditions ,in this case BZ2 saying that he will be away for a while after applying for his parents PGP and being a citizen he is protected by the same law even if he is outside the country ( and in sequence covered by the financial requirements )

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

"living in Canada:

CIC news dot com is NOT an offical site from IRCC. Did you find the source of this information on any IRCC site?

Sashti23

May 31, 2022
Virtual landing for dependent in Canada and PA in home country
Hello folks, today we received update in cic account about the virtual landing process for my mother who is in Canada. In the letter, it states that principal applicant have to land first and then dependent will be contacted by in Canada landing office to complete virtual landing.

Point to note, I had sent webform twice or thrice, and in the last webform I selected visa office - in canada. I am wondering this might have got me receive this info letter.
Hi my in-laws are in a similar situation. My Mom-in law is the principal applicant and she is in Canada now with visitor visa whereas my dad-in-law is India. We received PPR yesterday. Is possible for my dad-in-law to submit his passport in India VAC and complete the landing separately?

Reactions: deryk.rodrigues