+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Hey, does anyone know how long it take to get PCC from India? y parent are in India, they visited passport office through appointment, they were told they will be contacted by local police station and after verifcation they will mail PCC to residential address. has anyone done this recently and can share the process and time frame? thank you
If it has not been issued face to face by passport office and a police verification is required then it takes approx 1 week to get a call from police and then another 1 week to complete the process

danmuji

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Hi all,

I'm a PGP 2021 sponsor but I wanted to see if anyone from PGP 2020 is experiencing this - I submitted my application to sponsor my mother on Nov 2021 and she is arriving in Canada December 2021 on a tourist visa. Is anyone in the same boat as I am? Just wondering if there will be a problem with her PR processing while she's in Canada? Also, will there be a problem with PR processing if we request tourist visa extension? Thanks in advance!

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Hi all,

I'm a PGP 2021 sponsor but I wanted to see if anyone from PGP 2020 is experiencing this - I submitted my application to sponsor my mother on Nov 2021 and she is arriving in Canada December 2021 on a tourist visa. Is anyone in the same boat as I am? Just wondering if there will be a problem with her PR processing while she's in Canada? Also, will there be a problem with PR processing if we request tourist visa extension? Thanks in advance!
I don’t think there should be a problem. A number of people from PGP 2020 including myself have had our parents in Canada on a Super Visa/Tourist Visa. I personally applied for their Visitor Record Extension and got it too while their PR application is still being processed.

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
My parents’ PCCs are finally ‘Clear’ and ready to be issued so just waiting for BLS to mail them home. Anyone have an idea how long this could take? The BLS office says they will dispatch it immediately within a day once they get it from the Consulate and the Consulate is not reachable. The original deadline to submit this to IRCC was 8 Dec 2021.

deyka

Star Member
Oct 4, 2014
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2014
Please let me know if you have reieved PCC, my parent were called to local police station yesterday and was told PCC will be mailed to him in 2 weeks
i got it for my father my mother is still stucks idiots didnt send the file back hoping to get it cleared this wek

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
I don’t think there should be a problem. A number of people from PGP 2020 including myself have had our parents in Canada on a Super Visa/Tourist Visa. I personally applied for their Visitor Record Extension and got it too while their PR application is still being processed.
Hi @hotsalsa my mother is also here on tourist visa and we are looking to extend her visa too. What is the reason accepted by IRCC to extend visas?

Reactions: hotsalsa

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Hi @hotsalsa my mother is also here on tourist visa and we are looking to extend her visa too. What is the reason accepted by IRCC to extend visas?
When we applied for an extension earlier this year, we put down reasons like their PR is under process and it was not favourable to travel internationally at that time (which sadly still holds true even right now). I even mentioned that their second doses of vaccination were also coming up so it would be appreciated that their visa get extended so they can see all these things through.

Reactions: swsood1686

April94Wang

May 18, 2017
Hello Group Members, any help or information on my case here will be much appreciated.

My parents are currently still in China and won't come to Canada until March 2022 (with their valid visitor visa). However, I received a letter from IRCC stating that this application will be processed at CPC-Mississauga. Therefore I am wondering does that mean they will send an eCOPR request since they assumed my parents are within Canada?

If that's the case, shall I email them to restate my parents' address while submitting the police certificate as requested? If yes, would this delay the whole process since it needs to be transferred to another office?

Or shall I sit tight waiting for eCOPR, and simply don't reply to the first eCOPR email until my parents actually arrive in Canada? Because I heard in the first email, applicants need to declare their status in Canada. But I have no idea when will I receive the email or how long I am allowed to hold on to it. Hope my question makes sense...

Here is my timeline for your reference:
2021.03.11 - Application Received
2021.09.01 - AOR
2021.11.16 - Additional Documents Requested (IMM 5476)
2021.12.10 - Biometric Request (Done on 2021.12.16 - Updated on CIC)
2021.12.16 - Sponsor Decision Made & Police Certificate Request (By mail - Received the letter on 2021.12.23)
2021.12.17 - Medical Request (Done on 2021.12.23 - No update yet)

prisha55

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Hello Group members, I have document submission (police clearance )deadline approaching soon Jan 5th 2022. Thus far i have not received copy of report to submit it to cic but i am hopeful i'll get it before end of this week or early next week. In case that does not happen can i wait until last minute before seeking extension to cic? As far as i know i need to submit webforms asking for extension, can i submit the extension request on jan 3rd just 2 days before deadline or i should submit right away. I am just getting prepared for any possibilities. can you please share your experience. Thank you so much

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Hello Group members, I have document submission (police clearance )deadline approaching soon Jan 5th 2022. Thus far i have not received copy of report to submit it to cic but i am hopeful i'll get it before end of this week or early next week. In case that does not happen can i wait until last minute before seeking extension to cic? As far as i know i need to submit webforms asking for extension, can i submit the extension request on jan 3rd just 2 days before deadline or i should submit right away. I am just getting prepared for any possibilities. can you please share your experience. Thank you so much
Submit one right away. The earlier the better so that it gets to them and when they review it they know you didn’t do it last minute. If you receive the PCC by then, no worries, just proceed as normal. If incase you don’t receive the PCC, you should atleast be in a position where you’ve already made a request for an extension.

My deadline to upload PCC was 8 Dec 2021 and I made a request to extend it via a Webform on 28 Nov 2021. I have still not received an extension and I have still not received the PCCs. The IRCC account still shows the original date of “due on 8 Dec”. However, the PCC is clear and ready to be issued since a couple weeks so I’m hoping BLS sends it in the coming week or so. The Christmas break and the Holiday season in general is maybe causing more delays. Add Covid to that and it’s total chaos.

beximco

Apr 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore,Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
August 13, 2013
Most of our application is processed by CPC-Mississauga visa office so nothing to worry. If your parents completed their medical then it will be updated within a week so just wait for update. No need to communicate with VO as they know that your parents are not here.

Hello Group Members, any help or information on my case here will be much appreciated.

My parents are currently still in China and won't come to Canada until March 2022 (with their valid visitor visa). However, I received a letter from IRCC stating that this application will be processed at CPC-Mississauga. Therefore I am wondering does that mean they will send an eCOPR request since they assumed my parents are within Canada?

If that's the case, shall I email them to restate my parents' address while submitting the police certificate as requested? If yes, would this delay the whole process since it needs to be transferred to another office?

Or shall I sit tight waiting for eCOPR, and simply don't reply to the first eCOPR email until my parents actually arrive in Canada? Because I heard in the first email, applicants need to declare their status in Canada. But I have no idea when will I receive the email or how long I am allowed to hold on to it. Hope my question makes sense...

Here is my timeline for your reference:
2021.03.11 - Application Received
2021.09.01 - AOR
2021.11.16 - Additional Documents Requested (IMM 5476)
2021.12.10 - Biometric Request (Done on 2021.12.16 - Updated on CIC)
2021.12.16 - Sponsor Decision Made & Police Certificate Request (By mail - Received the letter on 2021.12.23)
2021.12.17 - Medical Request (Done on 2021.12.23 - No update yet)

prisha55

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Submit one right away. The earlier the better so that it gets to them and when they review it they know you didn’t do it last minute. If you receive the PCC by then, no worries, just proceed as normal. If incase you don’t receive the PCC, you should atleast be in a position where you’ve already made a request for an extension.

My deadline to upload PCC was 8 Dec 2021 and I made a request to extend it via a Webform on 28 Nov 2021. I have still not received an extension and I have still not received the PCCs. The IRCC account still shows the original date of “due on 8 Dec”. However, the PCC is clear and ready to be issued since a couple weeks so I’m hoping BLS sends it in the coming week or so. The Christmas break and the Holiday season in general is maybe causing more delays. Add Covid to that and it’s total chaos.
Thank you so much I shal submit extension request today. Unfortunately i received the police clearance (FBI) today which was declined as my dad fingerprint could not be traced. This is the 4th declined. i have to restart the process again. Thank you!

• Sad
Reactions: hotsalsa

ashfuhrer

Dec 21, 2021
Hi Guys
I sent my mothers PCC and additional docs via email to IRCC on Nov 10 2021 and havent heard anything back from them. Anyone having similiar situation?

Also assuming the progress takes more time, my mother would like to visit my sister in the US(Mother's Canada tourist visa has expired) If i update my mothers contact address to m sisters US address,will she get ecopr and evisa to enter Canada. This whole process of Canada PR is halting her travel to US.

Mat20

Sep 8, 2021
Hi, I have a quick question. My mother is also here in Canada in Super visa. Today I got a letter from IRCC about her current residential address and renewed passport info, since her passport will expire after 5 months. I already sent a letter after the SA letter that her current residential address is mine (inside Canada). Wondering why they asked again, do they need any document to show address? Have any of you faced this situation?

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
Hi, I have a quick question. My mother is also here in Canada in Super visa. Today I got a letter from IRCC about her current residential address and renewed passport info, since her passport will expire after 5 months. I already sent a letter after the SA letter that her current residential address is mine (inside Canada). Wondering why they asked again, do they need any document to show address? Have any of you faced this situation?
Hello, I have not yet asked her address again by IRCC. I updated her address twice - via email and webform, but when I checked online using gckey her address was still not changed. Hence, I updated her address using change address option online.
You also check using her gckey if her canadian address is reflecting, if not is the reason they have asked again. Anyway, you can respond to what they asked now and simultanously update online using change address option.

Reactions: Mat20