+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGD

Sarwar2000

Sep 17, 2022
Hello everyone, I am an Engineer, completed my 4 year degree programme, Now I want to enroll in a 1 year diploma programme to increase my CRS score. Would you please suggest me which diploma course should I choose, though I am not interested in the subject of diploma, I just want it to be little related with my future career.

Also is there an issue If I do a diploma that is not in accordance with my current field of study. Is it alright If I choose diploma in information technology ? Is the visa officer gonna raise question about these change of disipline? though it is not a big change.

Moreover, is Virtual University's 1 year diploma is equivalent to Canadain dipolma, mean can I get its successfull ECA ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone, I am an Engineer, completed my 4 year degree programme, Now I want to enroll in a 1 year diploma programme to increase my CRS score. Would you please suggest me which diploma course should I choose, though I am not interested in the subject of diploma, I just want it to be little related with my future career.

Also is there an issue If I do a diploma that is not in accordance with my current field of study. Is it alright If I choose diploma in information technology ? Is the visa officer gonna raise question about these change of disipline? though it is not a big change.

Moreover, is Virtual University's 1 year diploma is equivalent to Canadain dipolma, mean can I get its successfull ECA ?
If a non-Canadian university you must make sure that the school and program will be evaluated as a1 year diploma by WES, ECA or IQAS. Would stick to degrees that make somewhat sense given your previous degree. For example doing a hospitality diploma as an engineer would raise eyebrows. Up to you to decide what will likely be most beneficial since you will still have to study and learn.

Reactions: Sarwar2000