+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PG DIPLOMA/MASTERS PROGRAMS FOR CRS POINTS

etp10

Jun 22, 2021
Hello everyone,

I was hoping to get a little help on the matter below in regards to PG Diploma programs. I have tried looking in the forums without much luck so if anyone has knowledge on this matter, I would sincerely appreciate your insights.

1) I spoke with a reputed immigration agency recently and they informed me that a number of their candidates applying for migration to Canada for PR via Express Entry who had taken PG Diploma programs to boost their CRS score, ended up in a situation where those PG Diploma programs were not validated on their WES (World Education Services) Education Credential Assessment report besides their existing Bachelor's degree.

2) I am currently contemplating taking IGNOU's PG Diploma in Computer Applications which is a 1 year course. My immigration agency is recommending I do a Masters instead which would take 2 years and obviously cost more but at the same time, I don't want to take a 1 year PG Diploma course and realize it amounted to nothing on the evaluation other than 1 wasted year.

I am planning to do this to satisfy the following criteria:-

"Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years"

3) When I registered on WES's site to check what Universities and Courses they recognize, I didn't get an error message indicating that the PG Diploma in Computer Applications course isn't recognized but I obviously am not taking it on face value that completion of this program will be considered valid by WES in their report to satisfy the profile criterion mentioned in #2 i.e.

"Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years"

Just as an FYI, I already have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering and I was hoping to do this to bolster my profile.

Ultimately, what I want to know is whether I should take the PGDCA, a Masters of Commerce (MCOM) or Masters of Business Administration (MBA) at IGNOU. Any advice or help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. From what I understand, WES recognizes IGNOU's programs.