Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25 October
Has anyone relocated with their dog cat or any other pet to Canada recently. I'm taking my two guinea pigs there from Dubai . I'll prefer not to use a relocation service and do everything myself. I have completely understood the procedure from here. I need to know the procedure from Canada's side. They only require a health certificate . Can someone who has taken a pet guide me about whats to be done, like once the pet reaches the country what happens then. The customs first , then vet etc etc.
Any advise will be much appreciated .

Nicoletta

Nov 5, 2015
Hi,

I brought my dog here 3 years ago. He was with me on the flight in the freight department as access baggage. When I got to Canada I went to see a customs officer. I presented the health certificate and had to pay a fee and then we were good to go.

Not sure though if it works the same with guinea pigs. Are they going to arrive with you on the same plane?

Nicoletta

Tikushikha

Feb 23, 2015
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25 October
Nicoletta said:
Hi,

I brought my dog here 3 years ago. He was with me on the flight in the freight department as access baggage. When I got to Canada I went to see a customs officer. I presented the health certificate and had to pay a fee and then we were good to go.

Not sure though if it works the same with guinea pigs. Are they going to arrive with you on the same plane?

Nicoletta
Thanks nicoletta
They will be arriving later not on the same plane. From Dubai they are not allowed in cabin so they will have to come in special cargo. Canada doesn't require any documents for them as per theeir website but I'll be coming with a health certificate. Where did you receive your dog. There must be a special place where we have to go to collect our pets and then customs and thats its or you also had a vet checkup there. Did you use a relocation service or managed yourself .

Nicoletta

Nov 5, 2015
Hi,

if you ship them as cargo I unfortunately have no experience with that, I always had the dog on the same plane with me.

Good luck!

Tikushikha

Feb 23, 2015
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25 October
Nicoletta said:
Hi,

if you ship them as cargo I unfortunately have no experience with that, I always had the dog on the same plane with me.

Good luck!
Thanks
From Dubai we can't take them as excess baggage. So I've been told they will be in a temperature pressure and noise controlled room. Were your dogs fine on reaching. How long was your flight .

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
May be guinea pigs need visa especially the ones from Dubai ;)

Tikushikha

Feb 23, 2015
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25 October
cprak0 said:
May be guinea pigs need visa especially the ones from Dubai ;)
No visa they are welcomed there only i need a visa

Tikushikha

Feb 23, 2015
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25 October
Nicoletta said:
Hi,

Good luck!
Just one question more, i want to take my piggies from Toronto to London Ontario , robert q and Greyhound doesn't allow animals same with the rail. As you have there now for 3 years if you could tell some taxi or something by which i could do that. Thanks