+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal Opinons Re: Settlement Workers/Immigration Services

KevinsJane

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have completed 99% of the paperwork and additional information required, for my husband to sponsor me. I have filed outbound. I am still awaiting on the criminal background checks.

During my research of working through all the humps and bumps I learned of settlement workers and since have found the local Immigration Service (free of charge), who offers to go through my paperwork and ensure my i's are dotted and t's are crossed...

Anyway, before setting up the appointment...I wanted to get personal views and or experience with utilizing this type of service.

I appreciate your time!

TY!

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
If you feel like it go for it it's free. But really if you read through the booklets you can handle it yourself. It's just a matter of self-confidence in your case or getting someone to check it! I don't understand what exactly they would be checking seeing as your application is already in process.

KevinsJane

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Boncuk,

TY so much for your reply.

I am looking for confirmation that all the forms are filled in correctly, and gain any other knowledge/guidance which may prohibit delays once the application is submitted. Presently, I am waiting on the police certificates. So I figured I could utilize the down time by having another set of eyes from someone who is 'experienced'. Also, this would give me a 'sense' of ease that I'm not overlooking something.

I am confident the application has been prepared accurately and we have gained so much confidence over the process, especially since the early stages. As you stated the booklets are a great guide and were 99% of our tools. However, this board holds such a wealth of information, in which I am grateful for!

I do feel comfortable making the appointment, just wanted to get feedback on this type of service, as it's a road we have not previously travelled. I did perform a search for settlement workers in the 'family class' but could not find previous posts in regards to this. So I wanted to get some feedback.

Again, TY for your reply. I do appreciate your time.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Before we took on the application, we thought about getting someone to look over it as well. But then later we realised it wasn't needed, because the forms are pretty straight-forward. We had no complications, nothing we were uncertain about so we didn't bother. My husband had his parents look over all the forms just to make sure we left nothing empty and everything we wrote made sense.

But hey, if we had someone with experience willing to go over the forms for free, we'd go for it. It can't hurt, right?

Just be careful if they tell you to change anything. I have seen cases where people paid a lot of money for immigration consultants and got bad advice. So if they tell you to change something significant and the change doesn't make sense to you, try to get a second opinion.

Good luck with your application ^_^

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
That's excellent advice Mita :) The best thing is go over your application with a fine tooth comb.. you know your life story better than anyone else. This forum has a wealth of information as well. But hey if this service is free and you don't have to wait long then go for it but just make sure its good advice :))

KevinsJane

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TY so much for the replies...I have scheduled and if there is any doubt or questions to changing anything...you know I'll be back...lol!

TY again! Best of luck and wishes to All!

AMB

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
You should definitely use settlement services- it's free and the people are normally very experienced in all immigration matters.

It never hurts to have a second critical eye look over the application.