+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal history

Vietgirl

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
Hi forks, I need help.

I am filling out my personal history - which some of the info regarding to my employment and education has been brought from other section, but the activities are not in chronological order.

If I delete those entries and start from scratch, will that effect what I have filled out in other sections?

Thanks

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi forks, I need help.

I am filling out my personal history - which some of the info regarding to my employment and education has been brought from other section, but the activities are not in chronological order.

If I delete those entries and start from scratch, will that effect what I have filled out in other sections?

Thanks
No, it won't affect anything. You can delete and start from scratch. However, I don't think the chronological order is a big issue either (although it does make it easier to identify if you have any gaps).

Reactions: Vietgirl

Vietgirl

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
Thanks

I have another question regarding travel history:

I was born Vietnamese and have lived in Australia in the last 6 years. I came to Australia in 2011 as a student and stayed since.

Do I list all the trips outside of Vietnam and Australia or do I need to include my trips between Vietnam and Australia?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Thanks

I have another question regarding travel history:

I was born Vietnamese and have lived in Australia in the last 6 years. I came to Australia in 2011 as a student and stayed since.

Do I list all the trips outside of Vietnam and Australia or do I need to include my trips between Vietnam and Australia?
It's up to you. The travel history section specifically states listing travel outside of countries of citizenship and residence.

Some people interpret 'country of residence' as a country they're living in on a work permit or student visas, etc. but I interpreted it as a country where you hold permanent residency. As such, since my country of PERMANENT residency is also my country of citizenship (my home country), I listed all travel outside of my home country, including those resulting from extended stays in other countries on work or student visas.

If you're not sure, I would just list all your trips outside of Vietnam, especially if you only recently became an Australian citizen. But it also depends on the extent of your travel history. If you haven't travelled that much, then just including everything can't hurt; but if you've travelled a lot, you don't want to provide too much unnecessary information to IRCC for them to comb through.

Reactions: kynno

kynno

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
USA
NOC Code......
Not sure what her particular case is but doesn't it only matter if those travels happened after the person turned 18? I'm just curious.

Though I do agree with Crescent_jam...any travel outside of your country of Residence, and in probably most cases where said country is also country of citizenship should be listed. That's how I understand it as well.