+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal History vs. Work history

bahar1326

Jan 18, 2018
Hi,

Could you please Clarify for me personal history and work history?
I mentioned Employment years, Education years, and Unemployed years with no gap for personal history.
For the work history, I only mentioned my one-year fulltime permanent canadian job which I got score for that under NOC B, but I also got points for foreign job experience NOC B from backhome which is not related to my canadian job.
My question is; should I bring both jobs in a work history section then I have to upload documents for both jobs or only bring my canadian one and in the explanation letter, attach documents for foreign job and also my current job which is part time (NOC C).?
My second question is should answer NO to job offer if I had a permanent full time canadian job NOC B?
Thanks

Prag2983

Mar 22, 2021
Hi.
can you please tell me what you did at the end then. Did you provided part time work history in personal history. Actually i did so many part time works during my college. So should i mention all of those or not

Prag2983

Mar 22, 2021
Hi.
can anyone please tell me what should i need to provide in personal history? Do i need to provide my part time work history. Actually i did so many part time works during my college. So should i mention all of those or not.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Any information whether work or study that you did not claim points should fall under personal history.

Reactions: Prag2983

Anand83

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
@NOC98 I got ITA with cut-off 75. I have 3 years of the Canadian experience and 8 years of foreign experience. My query is, is that ok, if I just show my current(Canadian experience) in Work history + 3 years of experience which I have from India. Rest all move to Personal history(remaining 5 years)?

Prag2983

Mar 22, 2021
Any information whether work or study that you did not claim points should fall under personal history.
And in work history i just need to provide when i got the position. Example i was working with ABC company since 2018 march till 2019march part time and then 2019april i got work permit and 2019april till 2019may as full time but same position and 2019 june i got assistant manager position. But in work history i just need to mention when i got position or whole history

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
And in work history i just need to provide when i got the position. Example i was working with ABC company since 2018 march till 2019march part time and then 2019april i got work permit and 2019april till 2019may as full time but same position and 2019 june i got assistant manager position. But in work history i just need to mention when i got position or whole history
I don’t follow. If you’re claiming points for work from March 2018 to now, put that in work history, you’ll be asked to provide reference letters. Then the rest of work experience you’re not claiming points for should be added in personal history.

Prag2983

Mar 22, 2021
Ok thank you
Actually i got work permit in 2019april but got my position for which i will claim points i got that position in 2019june. Should i mention april2019till may2019 just in personal history or work history as well
As in those two months i was full time but didn’t had the position

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Ok thank you
Actually i got work permit in 2019april but got my position for which i will claim points i got that position in 2019june. Should i mention april2019till may2019 just in personal history or work history as well
As in those two months i was full time but didn’t had the position
Then June 2019 on work history. April - May 2019 on personal history.

kvakumar

Jul 9, 2017
need your suggestions regarding the following personal history and Work history part of my application

Personal History
FromTo
2021 Feb 16NowEmployed
2020 Oct 262021 Feb 13Employed
2020 July 292020 Oct 22Unemployed due to work permit expiry
2019 May 12020 July 28Employed company 2(Full time ) Claiming points For CEC
Vacation
2019 Mar 152019 Apr 15Employed Company 2 (Part time)
Vacation
2018 July 92019 Jan 29Employed Company 2 (Full time)
1 month unemployed
2017 Nov2018 June 6Employed Company 1 (Full time)
2017 June2017 OctUnemployed
2015 September2017 JuneStudent
2010 June2015 AugustEmployed

I recently got invited in CEC and am preparing for my documentation. All my Experience in Canada is mentioned above. Now am filling the personal History and work history of my application.
although am having Canadian experience, i have few breaks due to unemployment and vacation. Am Claiming points on the continuous 1 year full time experience highlighted above in red from May 2019 to July 2020.

now my question is
1. Do I need to mention all experiences in Work history or do i need to mention only for which am claiming points in work history ?
2. Do I need to mention all in personal history.? During vacation mentioned above I resigned my job and I went to India. Here if I select unemployed and for the next question where it took place...can I select India..? all my travel documents shows that am out of Canada.
3. How these work history gaps, and personal history gaps should be explained.?
4. Do I need to write LOE explaining all these..?

5. In the Travel history, do i need to mention only that I traveled to countries other than home countries and Canada? or everything?

Thanks

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
responses in green.

1. Do I need to mention all experiences in Work history or do i need to mention only for which am claiming points in work history ? - only those you’re claiming points. The rest should be in personal history.
2. Do I need to mention all in personal history.? During vacation mentioned above I resigned my job and I went to India. Here if I select unemployed and for the next question where it took place...can I select India..? all my travel documents shows that am out of Canada. - if this is vacation while you’re still employed for company 2, state employed for the whole duration. Your travel history will cover your vacations outside Canada.
3. How these work history gaps, and personal history gaps should be explained.? - your personal history should have no gaps. So indicate unemployed where needed.
4. Do I need to write LOE explaining all these..? no.

5. In the Travel history, do i need to mention only that I traveled to countries other than home countries and Canada? or everything? - only for travels outside of Canada and home countries. Travels between Canada and home country need not be mentioned. I didn’t mention those either in my application and didn’t have any questions on this from IRCC.

Prag2983

Mar 22, 2021
Hi.
can anyone please tell me what should i need to provide in personal history? Do i need to provide my part time work history. Actually i did so many part time works during my college. So should i mention all of those or not.?
Actually i am just mentioning the work through which i am going to apply. What if i will just not mention other part time work?? It should be okay??

kvakumar

Jul 9, 2017
responses in green.
Thank you NOC98. All my answers are in Red.
1. Do I need to mention all experiences in Work history or do i need to mention only for which am claiming points in work history ? - only those you’re claiming points. The rest should be in personal history.
Got it Thank you
2. Do I need to mention all in personal history.? During vacation mentioned above I resigned my job and I went to India. Here if I select unemployed and for the next question where it took place...can I select India..? all my travel documents shows that am out of Canada. - if this is vacation while you’re still employed for company 2, state employed for the whole duration. Your travel history will cover your vacations outside Canada.

On January 29 2019 I have to go to India for Vacation for about 40 days so I resigned to that position.(Company policy doesn't allow 40 days vacation). I got engaged during my Vacation and I have to go back for my marriage. so i took part time position sometime in march and April in the same company and same Position. I went for my marriage in April 2019 and I resigned for Part-time position. On May 1st 2019 came back after marriage and worked full-time for one year until July 28 2020. So here I cannot show whole duration as ROE is generated at each time I resign for my position. I had to stop working in July 2020 because of my work permit expired.

3. How these work history gaps, and personal history gaps should be explained.? - your personal history should have no gaps. So indicate unemployed where needed.
I can say unemployed but, during that period I was in India for Vacation and marriage. So can I say Unemployed and country of activity is India ..?

4. Do I need to write LOE explaining all these..? no.

5. In the Travel history, do i need to mention only that I traveled to countries other than home countries and Canada? or everything? - only for travels outside of Canada and home countries. Travels between Canada and home country need not be mentioned. I didn’t mention those either in my application and didn’t have any questions on this from IRCC.
Ok Thank you