Passport Req..
02-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2018
LANDED..........
13-10-2018
Hey All,

I have a few questions regarding the Personal History section:

1. Under personal activities I have listed my education period, followed by a period of unemployment, and then finally my employment period. However, between those last two, I was working as an unpaid volunteer for some months. Do I need to state this period in between, or just leave it as unemployed?
  2. In Travel History if I traveled outside on holiday (not my home country) and stayed at different cities in the same country, do I need to list each city in separate entry, or should it just be one entry for the entire duration?
Thank you

manboarpig

Star Member
Oct 23, 2016
1. I'd suggest leave it as unemployed.
"working as an unpaid volunteer" -- Volunteering is volunteering, not working. Also one could also volunteer in the weekends while working. Besides, the CIC defines work experience as paid work with minimum hours per week. One could be working for a non-profit and get paid. Even if it pertains to your NOC, it wont count because it's not paid.
2. Since they are looking for how long the applicant (cumulatively) stayed in a single country, I'd suggest one entry per-trip, per-country, just like the entry and exit stamp of your passport. I stayed in 2 cities in a country I visited but I mentioned the main/first city.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nobatia

anoop_satheesh

Jul 21, 2017
Hey All,

I have a few questions regarding the Personal History section:

1. Under personal activities I have listed my education period, followed by a period of unemployment, and then finally my employment period. However, between those last two, I was working as an unpaid volunteer for some months. Do I need to state this period in between, or just leave it as unemployed?
  2. In Travel History if I traveled outside on holiday (not my home country) and stayed at different cities in the same country, do I need to list each city in separate entry, or should it just be one entry for the entire duration?
Thank you
1. If you have any work proof, you may mark as employed. If you dont have a proof leaving unemployed also should not harm you, i assume.
2. Travel history is to a country. Don't bother if you have traveled to multiple places during holidays. Update travel history based on passport entry and exit stamps.

All the best!

Nobatia

Aug 20, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
15-01-2018
Passport Req..
02-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2018
LANDED..........
13-10-2018
Thank you both. I agree, it's better to leave volunteering off and keep it as unemployed. I wouldn't even know where to start getting any documented proof of this anyway. :)

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Thank you both. I agree, it's better to leave volunteering off and keep it as unemployed. I wouldn't even know where to start getting any documented proof of this anyway. :)
You're not required to provide proof of anything in your Personal History - I suspect this section facilitates the Background check. In my personal opinion, if you suspect it could come up in your background check, you should probably disclose it, just to avoid having IRCC wonder why you didn't disclose it in the first place.

Reactions: Nobatia

jisanmahfuz

Jul 20, 2017
Hi Good People,
Can anyone check my personal activity history, please let me know if i have made any mistakes. Thanks a lot