+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal history: Personal Activity

sunny5192

Apr 6, 2023
Hi Everyone,
I'm seeking advise on the personal history form for the PR application after receiving ITA.
In the work history I've listed the jobs which gives me points for work experience and I can provide reference letter and pays-tubs etc.
However, the personal history section requires the data for the personal activities of last 10 years.

Right after my graduation, I did some short term random jobs in BPO sector to earn some extra cash for pocket money and spend on myself. I didn't take the job for building the career as I had a plan to move overseas. During this time at these short term jobs (3 months max for each) I wasn't working hard and would leave the job if I don't feel like working without even providing notice to companies. So I didn't get the experience/reference letter or I didn't keep track of the pay stubs too as I wasn't taking them seriously. One of this company doesn't even exist and I got absconded from another due to no-show. So all I have for the jobs is the offer letter I received and after 2 months I decided to just leave without saying anything. Now I realize how naive I was not taking those things seriously and maintaining the records but there's no turning back now.

My question is, since these jobs are not even listed and not even providing me any points or anything, is it okay to not add anything in the personal history at all about those jobs?
Any advise would be helpful!
Thank you in advance.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,
I'm seeking advise on the personal history form for the PR application after receiving ITA.
In the work history I've listed the jobs which gives me points for work experience and I can provide reference letter and pays-tubs etc.
However, the personal history section requires the data for the personal activities of last 10 years.

Right after my graduation, I did some short term random jobs in BPO sector to earn some extra cash for pocket money and spend on myself. I didn't take the job for building the career as I had a plan to move overseas. During this time at these short term jobs (3 months max for each) I wasn't working hard and would leave the job if I don't feel like working without even providing notice to companies. So I didn't get the experience/reference letter or I didn't keep track of the pay stubs too as I wasn't taking them seriously. One of this company doesn't even exist and I got absconded from another due to no-show. So all I have for the jobs is the offer letter I received and after 2 months I decided to just leave without saying anything. Now I realize how naive I was not taking those things seriously and maintaining the records but there's no turning back now.

My question is, since these jobs are not even listed and not even providing me any points or anything, is it okay to not add anything in the personal history at all about those jobs?
Thank you in advance.
You must declare whatever you were doing. IRCC is asking what you were doing during that period of time, so if you were working (anywhere), I would think you need to disclose that.

Shouldn't these jobs also be part of your work history? Maybe you can add an addendum to expand upon that section/question in the application. It may be a simple as saying something like "worked random, short term jobs between [date] and [date]", but in my opinion, you need to say something about that work.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi Everyone,

Thank you in advance.
You can add those jobs to your personal history. IRCC will not ask for any reference letter or document for jobs under personal history.

sunny5192

Apr 6, 2023
You must declare whatever you were doing. IRCC is asking what you were doing during that period of time, so if you were working (anywhere), I would think you need to disclose that.

Shouldn't these jobs also be part of your work history? Maybe you can add an addendum to expand upon that section/question in the application. It may be a simple as saying something like "worked random, short term jobs between [date] and [date]", but in my opinion, you need to say something about that work.
Thank you very much for your suggestion and help. This is very helpful to prevent any discrepancies in the profile submission.

sunny5192

Apr 6, 2023
You can add those jobs to your personal history. IRCC will not ask for any reference letter or document for jobs under personal history.
Awesome. That's great. I have the offer letter for the job which i can provide if asked but your answer relieves from the stress about providing reference letters and pay stubs. Since its a personal history, if they don't ask, its the best situation for me personally. Thanks again for all your help.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Awesome. That's great. I have the offer letter for the job which i can provide if asked but your answer relieves from the stress about providing reference letters and pay stubs. Since its a personal history, if they don't ask, its the best situation for me personally. Thanks again for all your help.
All the best.

Reactions: sunny5192

Supratim123

Jun 4, 2023
Hi Everyone,

Thank you in advance.
Hey how it went for you? Before PR did you submit any other application like work permit or anything? I am in similar situation for my wife. Never disclosed few work details in work permit application. Now confused whether I will add or remove as need to be consistent with previous applications too