+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal History Mistake

CVF14

Dec 6, 2021
Hello @legalfalcon I'd really appreciate if you look at this query and help me out.

I submitted my EE file in April 2020 waiting for final decision on my application. While reviewing the application I submitted I came across a mistake done by me in the Personal History form.

1. At the time I submitted the application I wasn't aware that my academic transcript contains a date of initial registration. As per IRCC website they have mentioned to use your best guess to fill out the dates in case you don't remember the exact dates. Therefore, I put May 2014 (this is the month when I enrolled myself for the degree) in the Start Date. However, yesterday while looking at my academic transcript I found that they have mentioned initial date of registration as August 2014 (the month when classes commenced).

2. In the End Date of the same credential, in Education history I had written, the month in which my last exam was held, May 2016 (pre ITA). But, post ITA while filling out Personal History form I changed the End Date to June 2016, the month when the result was declared.

Do you think, above two scenarios could be counted as misrepresentation? Is there any way I can correct these mistakes now?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon I'd really appreciate if you look at this query and help me out.

I submitted my EE file in April 2020 waiting for final decision on my application. While reviewing the application I submitted I came across a mistake done by me in the Personal History form.

1. At the time I submitted the application I wasn't aware that my academic transcript contains a date of initial registration. As per IRCC website they have mentioned to use your best guess to fill out the dates in case you don't remember the exact dates. Therefore, I put May 2014 (this is the month when I enrolled myself for the degree) in the Start Date. However, yesterday while looking at my academic transcript I found that they have mentioned initial date of registration as August 2014 (the month when classes commenced).

2. In the End Date of the same credential, in Education history I had written, the month in which my last exam was held, May 2016 (pre ITA). But, post ITA while filling out Personal History form I changed the End Date to June 2016, the month when the result was declared.

Do you think, above two scenarios could be counted as misrepresentation? Is there any way I can correct these mistakes now?

1. This will not be a major issue. You can send a webform and clarify this.

2. Pot ITA, you can change the dates, NOC etc. This has no impact on the application. It is what you submit post ITA that matter and should be accurate.

CVF14

Dec 6, 2021

2. Pot ITA, you can change the dates, NOC etc. This has no impact on the application. It is what you submit post ITA that matter and should be accurate.
Thank You so much for replying.

Should I clarify and change the start date to August 2014 and tell them that May 2014 to July 2014 should be noted down as Unemployed? or I do not need to change the date and just clarify why I have put May 2014 as the start date?

Yeah the thing is I made the change in Personal History section and missed to change the same in Education History form. So, End date for the same credential/activity in different forms is not same.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank You so much for replying.

Should I clarify and change the start date to August 2014 and tell them that May 2014 to July 2014 should be noted down as Unemployed? or I do not need to change the date and just clarify why I have put May 2014 as the start date?

Yeah the thing is I made the change in Personal History section and missed to change the same in Education History form. So, End date for the same credential/activity in different forms is not same.

You can instead send a new schedule A which will have all these details and include a LoE informing that you made some errors with the dates.

CVF14

Dec 6, 2021
You can instead send a new schedule A which will have all these details and include a LoE informing that you made some errors with the dates.
I am filling the schedule A form. I am confused about below points:
1. During the time I was a student (2016) and during my employment time (2018), I have visited USA for few weeks.
Now when I submitted my application I had provided these details in the travel history form, I didn’t include this in personal history because I never left my job or studied to travel.
But, in Schedule A form there is no table to provide travel history details.
And I also travelled to USA this year while I was still employed.
So, do I need to include these details in personal history as well?

2. I have studied in a college ABC in city A which is affiliated to university XYZ in nearby city B. The degree is issued by university which also mention name of my college. My WES report includes the name of University. In my application I submitted name as XYZ and city B. In my address history I have only the address of city A ( that’s where I live and have studied).
Can this raise any concerns? Do we need to put city of study or city of institution in the City/Town field?

CVF14

Dec 6, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon, as you suggested I sent updated Schedule A with letter of explanation via web form in December. I received this in the email after 4-5 days:

We verified the information you provided and can confirm the reception of your document(s) and that they will be added on file shortly.

Could you please suggest if there is any way with which I can verify if they have reviewed and updated details in my profile?

Ikk

Sep 29, 2021
By mistake i put 2020-07 instead 2020-08 in personal history .
2020-08 unemployed and 2020-09 to 2022 i was student .instead 2020-08 i put 2020-07 , one month gap , is there willbe any issue?? Rest of application is matches with all other information (study, work )