+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal Financing

Losangeles101

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
I want to apply for study permit which will be personally financed by myself. Will any red flags be raised if I'm the one financing my own study permit ?

Also, I am single, running my own business and teaching in a high school. What are some of the documents to attach to show a stronger ties to my country?... Thanks

Losangeles101

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Why do you think it will be a matter of concern for CIC if you sponsor your study? Are you worried about the source of funds?
Some how Andy, just that most people on the forum use sponsors. But in my case I'm personally financing my studies and quiet worried about the source of fund Which I get mostly from my business and some also from my teaching job. Do you think I should cite in the study plan my source of funds.... And what documents do yoYou think I should attach?

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Some how Andy, just that most people on the forum use sponsors. But in my case I'm personally financing my studies and quiet worried about the source of fund Which I get mostly from my business and some also from my teaching job. Do you think I should cite in the study plan my source of funds.... And what documents do yoYou think I should attach?
In addition to what @andy.keeling said, personally financing your study in Canada shows you can afford it. Sponsors are actually risky in a sense that it may back-fire. Sponsors may not continue with the sponsorship. VO might think that you do not have enough funds to sustain your studies, unless you are very young and still dependent on your parents.