+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal Advice pls- temporary work visa

hikkaduwa

Jan 29, 2014
Hi,

My temporary work permit application has already been processed out of Canada. I have a personal issue as my partner (not married though) is already studying in Calgary and my employer is based in BC. i got two years work contract in BC. There is no way that my partner can move to BC because of three years studies. I am in a dilemma as i need to move to Calgary as soon as possible for this personal reason . Can anyone would advise me in this situation?

Your opinion would be highly appreciated ..

tnx

natsy

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 18, 2013; OWP: May 2, 2013; AIP: May 20, 2014
Med's Request
LC2: May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
LC2: June 5, 2014; LC2 Docs Rcvd: June 23, 2014; PR approval email: July 21, 2014
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
LC2 PPR: July 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 Visa Issued: Oct. 29, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
you have to set your priorities. is it working in bc or moving where your partner is. if you choose to be with your partner, you have to find a new employer so as to maintain your legal status in canada. if you choose to work in bc, well, there's always flights and busses for bc-calgary and vice versa. good luck to you!!!c",)

hikkaduwa

Jan 29, 2014
natsy said:
you have to set your priorities. is it working in bc or moving where your partner is. if you choose to be with your partner, you have to find a new employer so as to maintain your legal status in canada. if you choose to work in bc, well, there's always flights and busses for bc-calgary and vice versa. good luck to you!!!c",)
Thanks Natcy... Yes prioritising makes sense.. I would rather settle my own first and see ... its good to here about busses work from bc-calgary ...have you been to BC ever? :)

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
If you have been in a common law relationship and can prove that (living together for two years, same address, items in joint name etc.), you might be able to apply for an open work permit (assuming your partner is studying in a University) on his / her behalf. Then you can work any where in Canada on that work permit.

So i might suggest going to BC and start the job you currently have, and meanwhile apply and see if you get an open work permit. Then, once you get a job closer to your partner, you can move there.

However, do keep in mind, this would mean you would loose your individual work permit and now it would only rely upon study permit of your partner.

hikkaduwa

Jan 29, 2014
fkl said:
If you have been in a common law relationship and can prove that (living together for two years, same address, items in joint name etc.), you might be able to apply for an open work permit (assuming your partner is studying in a University) on his / her behalf. Then you can work any where in Canada on that work permit.

So i might suggest going to BC and start the job you currently have, and meanwhile apply and see if you get an open work permit. Then, once you get a job closer to your partner, you can move there.

However, do keep in mind, this would mean you would loose your individual work permit and now it would only rely upon study permit of your partner.
Yeah but if i move to BC, there is no way i can prove a common low relationship for two years... the situation is critical..closed work permit has lot of cons which is bad...At least there should be open work permit (not only for common law partners) after a foreign worker complete his/her first contract..anyway cant do much..

natsy

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 18, 2013; OWP: May 2, 2013; AIP: May 20, 2014
Med's Request
LC2: May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
LC2: June 5, 2014; LC2 Docs Rcvd: June 23, 2014; PR approval email: July 21, 2014
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
LC2 PPR: July 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 Visa Issued: Oct. 29, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
hikkaduwa said:
Thanks Natcy... Yes prioritising makes sense.. I would rather settle my own first and see ... its good to here about busses work from bc-calgary ...have you been to BC ever? :)
i've been to kelowna with family for a holiday and vancouver to renew my passport...i flew when i went to vancouver and we had a long drive to kelowna...c",)