+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

permit extension while wp in process

poco

Jul 23, 2008
A friend came to Canada as visitor. Lately, submitted his application for work permit. Is there a need to apply for extension for his visitor's permit? it will be expiring soon and still waiting for WP. Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

poco said:
A friend came to Canada as visitor. Lately, submitted his application for work permit. Is there a need to apply for extension for his visitor's permit? it will be expiring soon and still waiting for WP. Thanks.
Yes, he has to have valid status.

PMM

ayuspa

Mar 31, 2009
Permit extension while in Canada

Hi,
If someone wants to go for conference, trainning or workshop in canada, is it same as (visitor's visa). And also, it is possible to get work permit with the little time one have in canada to procure work permit? Please advice on what to do.

ayuspa

Mar 31, 2009
can anyone tell me the process to procure working visa for visitors? who just landed in canada.

poco

Jul 23, 2008
Thank you PMM for your reply. i just want to clarify that, is it possible that my friend is already in an "implied status"? since he has already submitted an application for change status from visitor to work permit. Will applying for visitor visa extension be redundant? Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ayuspa said:
can anyone tell me the process to procure working visa for visitors? who just landed in canada.
You can do interviews and try to get job offers while you are on a visitor visa but in order to hire you, the employer has to apply for a labour market opinion and to get it, he will have to show that he has advertised the job and found no Canadians or PR's interested or qualified for the job. If you get the labour market opinion, you can apply for a work permit but this is not fast. It can take months.