+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permenent Residency Obligations

Mahendrakumar

Dec 25, 2011
Hi Dear,
Needful advice and guidance is highly appriciated for following my perticulars regarding Permenent Resident Card renewal for Canada.
I got my PR in April 2005 and went back my previous residence country in August 2005 for family reasons.Again I came back in Canada December 2008. I applied renewal of my PR card in February 2010 before it expire in May 2010.Still today I have not received renewed PR card. I have completed three years physical presence in Canada after returned back in December 2008.
So I would like to know that can my PR will be renewed or not ? And how long it takes time to receive it?
In this situation Should I apply for Canadian citizenship application?

First entry-- 05/2005
Left--08/2005
Returned back-- 12/2008
Applied Renewal PR--02/2010
Permenent Residency Obligation before it expire in 05/2010--630 days.
Reply as soon as possible is highly appritiated.

Thanks.
MahendraKumar

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you applied to renew your PR card, you did not meet the residency requirements and were unable to meet the residency requirements in your first 5 years as a PR (the period starting April 2005 + 5 years). You are therefore not entitled to a new PR card. If they wanted to, they could revoke your PR and send you home.

However, has anything happened with your application? Did you get a letter that they were processing it? If you never got a letter and eCas shows nothing, you may have been lucky that they have lost it. In that case, just apply again now. If you do have a letter and can see your status in eCas, your case has likely been sent to a residency questionnaire and you are waiting to be called for an interview where they will determine if you should get your new PR card or not. If that is the case, apply to withdraw your application and as soon as you get word that they have registered the withdrawal, apply again.

Mahendrakumar

Dec 25, 2011
Hi Leon,
Very Happy New Year.
Thanks for quick reply and advice.
With reference to my PR card renewal I got letter for reviewing my application and sent to local citizen and immigration office for further review from Citizen and Immigration Canada in September 2010. The letter also states that if needed they will ask for further information or documents required to complete the file.Then after I did not receive/hear anything from CIC till today.
So what would be my next action in the case?
I also need to go my back home for some immergency purpose.So how it can be possible please advise.
More over how I send my withdrawal application? Can you help to suggest when I should apply for Citizenship application as I have completed three years physical presence in Canada from last four years ? I would like to make request you to know that at this stage what action is most appropriate for me.
Thanking you once again.
With Regards,
Mahendrakumar

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mahendrakumar said:
Hi Leon,
Very Happy New Year.
Thanks for quick reply and advice.
With reference to my PR card renewal I got letter for reviewing my application and sent to local citizen and immigration office for further review from Citizen and Immigration Canada in September 2010. The letter also states that if needed they will ask for further information or documents required to complete the file.Then after I did not receive/hear anything from CIC till today.
So what would be my next action in the case?
I also need to go my back home for some immergency purpose.So how it can be possible please advise.
More over how I send my withdrawal application? Can you help to suggest when I should apply for Citizenship application as I have completed three years physical presence in Canada from last four years ? I would like to make request you to know that at this stage what action is most appropriate for me.
Thanking you once again.
With Regards,
Mahendrakumar
Withdraw your application for PR card. You applied when you did not meet the residency requirements which means that your application will take forever to process and at the end, they can kick you out. If you leave Canada now, you will have to apply for a travel document to get back in. If you can prove at least 2 years residency in the past 5, you should be able to get one but if your PR is being questioned because of the ongoing PR card application you have, upon hearing that you have left Canada again, they could just revoke your PR based on you having applied when you did not meet the requirements. Therefore I say, do not leave Canada until you have successfully withdrawn your PR card application and by successfully I mean you have applied to withdraw and heard back that they have accepted your withdrawal. Preferably you should not leave Canada until you have successfully withdrawn your PR card application and applied to renew your PR card again while meeting the requirements and gotten it.

You can apply for citizenship with 3 years presence but not if your PR status is in question so do withdraw this PR card application first.

Mahendrakumar

Dec 25, 2011
Hi Leon,
Thanks for reply and information.
Is there any appropriate way or how to withdraw the PR application from CIC as my application with local CIC under review since more than two years?What probable reason they expect to successful withdrawal of my application? Kindly focus your views on this.
Thanks.
Mahendrakumar

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mahendrakumar said:
Hi Leon,
Thanks for reply and information.
Is there any appropriate way or how to withdraw the PR application from CIC as my application with local CIC under review since more than two years?What probable reason they expect to successful withdrawal of my application? Kindly focus your views on this.
Thanks.
Mahendrakumar
Look, I am not an immigration lawyer and my advice is only worth what you pay for it. I do not know if they will accept the withdrawal of an application that is already in process for 2 years but what is the other option? Let it continue and take the chance that they will decide to revoke your PR and kick you out? In your situation, I would attempt it. It will not cause any further damage in any case if you try. I have heard from a member of this forum who successfully withdrew an PR card application after it was already being processed so maybe it can be done. However, if you need further advice, I suggest you get a lawyer.

AK111

Jan 3, 2012
Mahendrakumar,

If you will request a withdraw to your PRC renewal application and get a feedback from the CIC, please update the result which will be helpful to others in the forum. are you in the GTA?

Thank you

Mahendrakumar

Dec 25, 2011
Leon said:
Look, I am not an immigration lawyer and my advice is only worth what you pay for it. I do not know if they will accept the withdrawal of an application that is already in process for 2 years but what is the other option? Let it continue and take the chance that they will decide to revoke your PR and kick you out? In your situation, I would attempt it. It will not cause any further damage in any case if you try. I have heard from a member of this forum who successfully withdrew an PR card application after it was already being processed so maybe it can be done. However, if you need further advice, I suggest you get a lawyer.
Hi Leon,
Thanks a lot for information.
Mahendrakumar

Mahendrakumar

Dec 25, 2011
AK111 said:
Mahendrakumar,

If you will request a withdraw to your PRC renewal application and get a feedback from the CIC, please update the result which will be helpful to others in the forum. are you in the GTA?

Thank you
Hi Dear,
Sure I will share any update in my case.I am in GTA.
Thanks.
Mahendrakumar

Mahendrakumar

Dec 25, 2011
Hi Leon,AK111 and others,
Before I make request withdraw PR renewal application I got interview letter by CIC.So what to do now?Should I attend it or reject it? If I reject it should I apply for renewal of PR card? Do they consider my application as new application ?Do they again require me interview or send PR card? In my old application I did not met residency obligation but now I have completed three years contineous physical presence in Canada.Kindly advice in matter urgently.
Thanking you all.
Mahendra Jani

Mahendrakumar

Dec 25, 2011
Mahendrakumar said:
Hi Leon,AK111 and others,
Before I make request withdraw PR renewal application I got interview letter by CIC.So what to do now?Should I attend it or reject it? If I reject it should I apply for renewal of PR card? Do they consider my application as new application ?Do they again require me interview or send PR card? In my old application I did not met residency obligation but now I have completed three years contineous physical presence in Canada.Kindly advice in matter urgently.
Thanking you all.
Mahendra Jani
Hi,
Can any one please help or guide me on my above question?
Mahendrakumar

AK111

Jan 3, 2012
You should attend. Facing the issue is better than ignoring it. If you live in Canada and you consider it your home country, you should not be worry. It will depend on Your situation if you have a job for the Last 3 years and your kids in the school, all these points will help you in the interview. But it is important to know if they ask to bring with you any document or just to show up in the office? Is it S Clair office?
At the end it is up to and you know your case better than anyone else. You may ask others for an opinion too.
Wish you good luck anyway

Kkd

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
Mahendrabhai,
I think you must attend the interview. This an excellent opportunity to explain that your earlier application was a mistake and you have all the good intentions to make Canda your home as evident by your subsequent stay here. Make a fesh application after withdrawing the previous one .
Apply for citizenship only after getting PR renewal. Do NOT repeat the previous mistake.
BADHUJ Saru THASHE.

KKD

Mahendrakumar

Dec 25, 2011
AK111 said:
You should attend. Facing the issue is better than ignoring it. If you live in Canada and you consider it your home country, you should not be worry. It will depend on Your situation if you have a job for the Last 3 years and your kids in the school, all these points will help you in the interview. But it is important to know if they ask to bring with you any document or just to show up in the office? Is it S Clair office?
At the end it is up to and you know your case better than anyone else. You may ask others for an opinion too.
Wish you good luck anyway
Hi,
Thanks a lot for your advice and information.
They asked for the documents.
Thanks once again.
Mahendrakumar

Mahendrakumar

Dec 25, 2011
Kkd said:
Mahendrabhai,
I think you must attend the interview. This an excellent opportunity to explain that your earlier application was a mistake and you have all the good intentions to make Canda your home as evident by your subsequent stay here. Make a fesh application after withdrawing the previous one .
Apply for citizenship only after getting PR renewal. Do NOT repeat the previous mistake.
BADHUJ Saru THASHE.

KKD
Hi,
Thank you very much for your advice and information.
Thanks a lot.
Mahendrabhai