+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent resident travel document

bornhunter

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Anyone applied for travel document from India. Please let me know the documents required. I checked the requirements on cic website but not very clear.
Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
bornhunter said:
Anyone applied for travel document from India. Please let me know the documents required. I checked the requirements on cic website but not very clear.
Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
what exactly from this list is not clear ? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5627E.pdf

bornhunter

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
So I need to submit two proofs to show my permanent residency but I only have confirmation of permanent residency and I am not sure about second document. Also they are asking for 5 years of Notice of assessments but have been in Canada for only 4 years and became permanent resident just like 2 months ago so how should I go about it.?

Bs65 said:
what exactly from this list is not clear ? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5627E.pdf

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
bornhunter said:
So I need to submit two proofs to show my permanent residency but I only have confirmation of permanent residency and I am not sure about second document. Also they are asking for 5 years of Notice of assessments but have been in Canada for only 4 years and became permanent resident just like 2 months ago so how should I go about it.?
Include your COPR and a letter of explanation that you are a new PR who has not yet received your PR card. You are not required to prove that you meet the Residency Obligation, so don't worry about NOAs or other such proofs.

bornhunter

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Thanks for the response.
Are you sure I will not have to prove residency obligations. And also do you have any idea about the processing time in chandigarh visa office for travel document.?
Thanks

canuck_in_uk said:
Include your COPR and a letter of explanation that you are a new PR who has not yet received your PR card. You are not required to prove that you meet the Residency Obligation, so don't worry about NOAs or other such proofs.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
bornhunter said:
Thanks for the response.
Are you sure I will not have to prove residency obligations. And also do you have any idea about the processing time in chandigarh visa office for travel document.?
Thanks
You can't prove you meet the RO because you've only been a PR for a few months, so it's not necessary.

bornhunter

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Ok thanks and any idea about the processing times in chandigarh visa office.

canuck_in_uk said:
You can't prove you meet the RO because you've only been a PR for a few months, so it's not necessary.

Tubsmagee

Jul 2, 2016
8. At a minimum, you must provide:
two (2) pieces of evidence that show your permanent resident status in Canada; and • information for the five (5) years immediately before the application, such as:
• employment records or pay stubs;
• bank statements;
• Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Notice of Assessment for the five (5) years immediately before the application; • evidence that you received benefits from Canadian government programs;
• rental agreements;
• club memberships;
• or any other documents that are relevant to the determination of your residency obligation.
I am accompanying a Canadian citizen out of CA for last six years, so I am good on second part. But bolded is not clear. I finally find my old COPR from landing, but that is it. Any recommendations on what else to provide? I have a couple assessments (2008/9), a letter from my Canadian employer at the time, stating I was employed, a SIN card, and original passport showing immigrant visa/landing stamp, but that's it.