+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

permanent residency application issues on spouse

leonice

Mar 23, 2012
does anybody knows the answer to my concern..i'm married but we,my husband and I, have decided to end the relationship 2 years ago.i work here in canada for more than a year now and I'm looking forward of applying for permanent residency here after my 2 years of work.and because we have ended the relationship, i'm not interested in including my spouse's application but i heard from someone that if u are married then your spouse should be automatically be included in permanent residency application.but if not they told me to file annulment first in the philippines, where i originated and where the marriage occurred, before doing or filing such application because if not it will delay the processing and might give me some trouble. im confused..pls help me..thanks!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you list your status as separated, you may not have to include him but do try to get the marriage annulled.

leonice

Mar 23, 2012
if i would list my status as separated, do i have to show papers of annulment or legal separation or no need?annulment in the philippines is hard to get, considering the processing times and it's expensive and no guarantee..is there any way that u know?pls pls help

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
leonice said:
if i would list my status as separated, do i have to show papers of annulment or legal separation or no need?annulment in the philippines is hard to get, considering the processing times and it's expensive and no guarantee..is there any way that u know?pls pls help
Obviously you are not living together as a man and wife if you are in different countries but do you have anything in writing concerning your breakup with him, emails perhaps? Something is better than nothing.

wekwek

Aug 23, 2012
Leon said:
Obviously you are not living together as a man and wife if you are in different countries but do you have anything in writing concerning your breakup with him, emails perhaps? Something is better than nothing.

Mr. Leon please please e mail me my e add bessybu@yahoo.com

Apr 11, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why don't you just get a divorce?. You can file a divorce in any of the Superior Court of Justice-Family Court Branch in your area. If you obtained the divorce which I assumed will be an uncontested divorce because you have already mutually agreed to end the relationship years ago. When you obtained the divorce certificate which usually last for 6-8 months to obtained you will have ample time to submit it together with your application for PR/OWP. There will be no point of applying for an annulment in the Philippines which could take up years if approved and will eat up all your time and resources. Go to a Duty counsel in a Family Court nearest to your place for more information. Cheers.

wekwek

Aug 23, 2012
unitedbritishphilippines said:
Why don't you just get a divorce?. You can file a divorce in any of the Superior Court of Justice-Family Court Branch in your area. If you obtained the divorce which I assumed will be an uncontested divorce because you have already mutually agreed to end the relationship years ago. When you obtained the divorce certificate which usually last for 6-8 months to obtained you will have ample time to submit it together with your application for PR/OWP. There will be no point of applying for an annulment in the Philippines which could take up years if approved and will eat up all your time and resources. Go to a Duty counsel in a Family Court nearest to your place for more information. Cheers.

please help i have an annulment finish i married again the time my annulment is on process does it make any problem? do the VO will not grant us a visa please i really need advised...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

wekwek said:
please help i have an annulment finish i married again the time my annulment is on process does it make any problem? do the VO will not grant us a visa please i really need advised...
1. Do you mean that you re-married BEFORE you received your annulment? If so then, your second marriage is not valid as you were already married to someone else.

wekwek

Aug 23, 2012
PMM said:
Hi

1. Do you mean that you re-married BEFORE you received your annulment? If so then, your second marriage is not valid as you were already married to someone else.
what to do now im very confused but the annulment is now final and finish do i have to re apply again

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

wekwek said:
what to do now im very confused but the annulment is now final and finish do i have to re apply again
1. Well since you never answered the question, but I think that you married before the annulment so that marriage is not valid. You will have to re-marry and then re-apply.

wekwek

Aug 23, 2012
PMM said:
Hi

1. Well since you never answered the question, but I think that you married before the annulment so that marriage is not valid. You will have to re-marry and then re-apply.
thank you PMM for your reply, i dont know what to start now, im still confused, i never thought that 2nd marriage is not valid, can i go to common law application, do i have to start all over again?