Med's Done....
16-10-2012
Passport Req..
5-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2013
LANDED..........
august 2013
hi everyone, i'm out of canada with my candian spouse and canadian kids, i have not accomplished me pr residency in canada, my pr wil soon expired next months. i want to know if i should return to canada for renewal or i can post the applictaion from outside. and if so should i send the pr card together or what
will it cause any problem staying over 4 years outside canada and asking for renewal of pr now?even thou accompany by my canadian spouse
anyone who could help is most welcome

Gdaymate

Star Member
Sep 26, 2007
Hi Sheik

I found this information in the PR card application/renewal/replacement Guide:

1. You must be physically present in Canada to renew your card
2. You must return the expired card with your application
3. It will not be a problem that you have been out of Canada as long as you have proof that you have been with your Canadian citizen spouse.

Hope that helps.

melaina

Sep 3, 2015
I need some info.

My husbands PR card has expired in October, we live in Italy for over 5 years now, can he renew his PRcard?? We are married and have been living together for 11 years.

Would it be faster to sponsor him as my spouse?? If i sponsor him as my spouse, how long would it take for him to be able to legally work in canada??

we would like o move back to canada in Jan.

Gdaymate said:
Hi Sheik

I found this information in the PR card application/renewal/replacement Guide:

1. You must be physically present in Canada to renew your card
2. You must return the expired card with your application
3. It will not be a problem that you have been out of Canada as long as you have proof that you have been with your Canadian citizen spouse.

Hope that helps.

melaina

Sep 3, 2015
Hello..
so We are in Canada now.
My husbands or card expired 2yrs ago.
Sadly when he got it he had to go back to Italy to help out with his mothers rare eye disease.. then she had a stomach surgery so it prolonged our stay in Italy. I am a Canadian citizen, and lived with my husband in Italy the entire time.
What documents do I need to show them that we lived together? Do I need to show them years of documents or would 1 electricity bill, mortgage bills, mothers doc reports be ok? Any suggestions..?

Plus, do all of these Italian documents need to be translated?

melaina

Sep 3, 2015
sheik said:
hi everyone, i'm out of canada with my candian spouse and canadian kids, i have not accomplished me pr residency in canada, my pr wil soon expired next months. i want to know if i should return to canada for renewal or i can post the applictaion from outside. and if so should i send the pr card together or what
will it cause any problem staying over 4 years outside canada and asking for renewal of pr now?even thou accompany by my canadian spouse

U need a valid reason to be out of Canada. Why are you out? I know they will ask why

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
sheik said:
If you (as a PR) accompany a spouse or common law partner who is a Canadian citizen outside of Canada, then each day outside Canada is considered to be a day physically present in Canada.