+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residence Pathway for Colombian, Haitian and Venezuelan Nationals (SUBMISSIONS CLOSED!)

Cgar

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
Hello,

I just thought I would start this thread for the people who are part of the program and are not aware that the submissions have closed. The purpose for this is so people know that corrections will no longer be possible, if your application has been returned, you will no longer be able to upload documents to correct it. So, if you feel you are missing something or if you feel made a mistake, send a webform as soon as possible. They might not take it into account if the application is incomplete, but it is worth sending so it reaches immigration in time. Good luck everyone!

Find the images confirming the closure of the program below:

This message appears who had opened an application but not completed or submitted it. Below is the zoomed in version of this:

It has also been removed from one of the options in the drop down menu as they had originally stated would happen when program closes:

ferventgable

Jan 3, 2024
Hello,

I just thought I would start this thread for the people who are part of the program and are not aware that the submissions have closed. The purpose for this is so people know that corrections will no longer be possible, if your application has been returned, you will no longer be able to upload documents to correct it. So, if you feel you are missing something or if you feel made a mistake, send a webform as soon as possible. They might not take it into account if the application is incomplete, but it is worth sending so it reaches immigration in time. Good luck everyone!

Find the images confirming the closure of the program below:

This message appears who had opened an application but not completed or submitted it. Below is the zoomed in version of this:

It has also been removed from one of the options in the drop down menu as they had originally stated would happen when program closes:

When did this close? I just tried to submit a document because my application was returned and it did not let me. What can I do?

Cgar

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
When did this close? I just tried to submit a document because my application was returned and it did not let me. What can I do?
Sadly there is not much you can do with a return. If you had not received a return I would have advised you to send a webform if you thought you were missing a document. Maybe you can still try sending a webform with the necessary document requesting for a reconsideration. Be very detailed in your webform so they can identify your application. Give your passport number, name, date of birth, country, time you submitted your application. Give it a try.

Cgar

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
You need not worry, especially if you believe you filled everything correctly. If you think you missed something, I would advise you to send a webform as soon as possible. It might not help, but worth trying.

Chanel347

Jan 5, 2024
The application for my brother-in-law just got return to complete some documents, but there is no way we can upload anything, it not letting us do. Has also a message like the applications limit is complete. We did apply in November, not sure why they say it is expired because we were in the limit time.
Crazy!!! The application was completed! We submitted 4 with the same format and documents. Only 1 got return. Send all of them Nov 22nd, No AOR yet for any of them :(

Cgar

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
Sadly, that is the case, submission have been closed completely. You cannot submit a new application or make corrections. IRCC does not allow corrections if the applications are incomplete, that is why it is important to check your application in detail before you submit it. Since the program was open for a while, applicants were able to make corrections and resubmit. But I can assure you that has never happened with any other program before, and I doubt it will happen again.

If your application was marked incomplete, more than likely you forgot to attach the provincial ID of the anchor (the criteria is detailed in the guide), you will need to check the guide again to see what you missed. Another possibility is that the signature of the notary was missing or perhaps one of the translations. When they return an application, they usually mark the section which was incomplete.

I am sorry about your return, I hope you have better luck with your other applications.

Chanel347

Jan 5, 2024
Nothing was missing, we had the chance to review and submit again beginning of December. Not my first rodeo, completing immigration forms for the past 12 years + Was looking at it just now and I believe the mistake I did was that the document they were asking to review was over the limit of size require when upload. That is the only thing I can see, the PDF was too large!! I had myself some problem to open it!!
Just follow your advice, resized it and sent via web form...Will see and hope for the best!!! Thanks for your support!!

Cgar

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
Nothing was missing, we had the chance to review and submit again beginning of December. Not my first rodeo, completing immigration forms for the past 12 years + Was looking at it just now and I believe the mistake I did was that the document they were asking to review was over the limit of size require when upload. That is the only thing I can see, the PDF was too large!! I had myself some problem to open it!!
Just follow your advice, resized it and sent via web form...Will see and hope for the best!!! Thanks for your support!!
Are you the anchor? You might be able to call them and ask them to track the application through your UCI, dont quote me on this though. Even incomplete applications have a temporary application number. If you can call and find a way to get this number, you can mention it in your new webform, so it is easier for them to track your application.

In this case, you need to explicitly request IRCC for reconsideration and provide a letter of explanation with your webform as the application has already been returned.

Good luck!

Chanel347

Jan 5, 2024
Are you the anchor? You might be able to call them and ask them to track the application through your UCI, dont quote me on this though. Even incomplete applications have a temporary application number. If you can call and find a way to get this number, you can mention it in your new webform, so it is easier for them to track your application.

In this case, you need to explicitly request IRCC for reconsideration and provide a letter of explanation with your webform as the application has already been returned.

Good luck!
Yes you are right! Will do for sure! My husband work for immigration, and he said today was crazy the amount of calls they received about this matter. Something is wrong for sure!!!

Cgar

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
Yes you are right! Will do for sure! My husband work for immigration, and he said today was crazy the amount of calls they received about this matter. Something is wrong for sure!!!
You mean for an immigration law firm or consultancy?

There is nothing wrong in particular. Your application might have only had a small mistake, but a lot of people were just careless, they did not carefully read the requirements and did not attach the correct documents.

Now, they are blaming IRCC for the mistakes they themselves made. IRCC has been extremely lenient with this program. Even gave people the chance to make correction, since the program was open for so long. They have never allowed this with any other program before. People are never given so much time for these quota based systems, this program was open for 1.5 months, most are only open for a couple of hours. If 45 days was not enough for people to submit a complete application with such simple requirements, then even giving people a year would not have mattered, they would have made the same mistakes.

I don’t think they can complain to IRCC about anything at this point.

gemmifonso

Jan 10, 2024
My application was update today. I cannot upload the document. The mail says they will send another email. When will email come?

Cgar

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
My application was update today. I cannot upload the document. The mail says they will send another email. When will email come?
If you have had the chance to read this thread, you will find that the submissions for this program have closed. The official update is that IRCC have received the maximum number of applications for this program and IRCC say they think may have enough applications to reach their target. The program closed on December 30th.

Your application was returned for being incomplete, the two leading reason for returns are a missing provincial ID from the Anchor or a missing signature on the form IMM5989. Since the program closed, you will not be able to upload these documents. One thing you can try is to send a webform with these documents and request for reconsideration. To be able to send the webform you will need to provide as much detail about yourself as possible so they find your application as you do not have an application number. Please note that there is no guarantee that this will help at all but it is worth a try.

The email you received was a generic email that everyone receives when there is an update to their application on the portal. It does not specifically apply to an application being returned. And going by others experience, no one has received a follow up email after their application was returned.

Sorry to bring you this news.

iqueen

Star Member
Dec 8, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03/09/2018
Passport Req..
04-10-2019
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
Hello
quick question
does the anchor have to prove financial support for the principal applicant and thier NON-ACCOMPANYING FAMILY MEMBERS?

Example: If the anchor has sister who has 3 kids and a husband but only the sister will be coming to Canada at the beginning and the family members were added as NON ACCOMPANYING, does this mean the anchor’s income in NOA should cover 6 people (the anchor+ 5 people) ???

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello
quick question
does the anchor have to prove financial support for the principal applicant and thier NON-ACCOMPANYING FAMILY MEMBERS?

Example: If the anchor has sister who has 3 kids and a husband but only the sister will be coming to Canada at the beginning and the family members were added as NON ACCOMPANYING, does this mean the anchor’s income in NOA should cover 6 people (the anchor+ 5 people) ???
You always have to include the whole family when calculating family size.