+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

period for sponsorship application

leehar

Sep 2, 2009
Hi, I sponsored my parents along younger brother as their dependedchild. As you all know undertaking application was signed for 10 years. Now my question is that after how many years they'll be eligibile for citizenship. 10 or 3 ? As they all have PRC. Especiallymy younger brother his application was filed as dependent child his age 26 year old. Will he be able to applyfor citizenship after 3 yearslanding in canada.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

leehar said:
Hi, I sponsored my parents along younger brother as their dependedchild. As you all know undertaking application was signed for 10 years. Now my question is that after how many years they'll be eligibile for citizenship. 10 or 3 ? As they all have PRC. Especiallymy younger brother his application was filed as dependent child his age 26 year old. Will he be able to applyfor citizenship after 3 yearslanding in canada.
1. 3
2. 3

leehar

Sep 2, 2009
So many thanks pmm. But I didn't get it. I guess you meant ,after 3 years they can apply for citizenship.

Thanks again

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
leehar said:
So many thanks pmm. But I didn't get it. I guess you meant ,after 3 years they can apply for citizenship.

Thanks again
Yes. They can apply for citizenship after living for 3 years in last 4 years from application date.

leehar

Sep 2, 2009
Thanks a lot Mr.rajmalhotra. for some how I didn't come on this site. Today I got your reply.Tomorrow my brother is coming back to canada and I'll let him know . Thank you sooo muchhh...