+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PEQ application delay for CSQ 2018

ayuki117

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Apparently if you ask for verification yourself (demander un recours) then MIDI cannot ask for it themselves
to be very honest, I don't really know if that's the case...I mean theatrically yes but in really life, not sure anymore, there is nothing for sure ...

jerrynomenon

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
to be very honest, I don't really know if that's the case...I mean theatrically yes but in really life, not sure anymore, there is nothing for sure ...
I am taking TEF Canada, so that I could get some points for Express Entry if PEQ goes south.

ayuki117

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Not sure, I am communicating with MIDI through him and that's literally what he said. Presumably, I guess something like an interview?
So basically he is trying to ask for an interview for you as a last chance to prove your French?
good idea.

hoppi10

Feb 12, 2018
Does anyone know of any instance where someone has been waiting for 2+ months after having received the letter, and then received their CSQ?

I've only heard instances of either people remaining on hold or receiving rejections after receiving the delay letter

mariels182

Feb 5, 2018
The letter (Intention de refuser) I got mentions that "En effet, à la suite d'une nouvelle évaluation par la Chambre de commerce et d'industrie de Paris Ile-de-France (CCIP) du TEFAQ que vous avez produit, le résultat atteste que vous avez une connaissance du français oral de niveau B1 (production), selon l'Échelle québécoise des niveaux de compétence en français des personnes immigrantes." It does say that CCIP evaluated the result. However, when I contacted CCIP before, they didn't know anything about re-evaluation.

Do the applicants who are in same situation tried to access their attestation after receiving the letter? Did the grade change? Did they received any notification from CCIP directly?
HI all,

I got the same letter.

I contacted someone at CCIP asking why they changed my score without informing me and saying that when I log into my account with them I still see my B2 results.
They simply apologized for not changing the results and gave me a new link. Apparently they got contacted by MIDI to check again my test and decided that now (after 4 months) my level was actually B1.

There's nothing else to do. I have to take the test for production orale again.

ayuki117

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
HI all,

I got the same letter.

I contacted someone at CCIP asking why they changed my score without informing me and saying that when I log into my account with them I still see my B2 results.
They simply apologized for not changing the results and gave me a new link. Apparently they got contacted by MIDI to check again my test and decided that now (after 4 months) my level was actually B1.

There's nothing else to do. I have to take the test for production orale again.
could you let us know your previous score/ test center (in Montreal) please?

Mar 1, 2018
Hi guys,

2 updates from 2 friends from Brazil that were waiting for 3 months of more and got the letter with deep investigation, as me.
- One of them got the CSQ last week;
- One of them got the refuse because the score changed from B2 to B1. We did the exam in the same day at McGill (TEFaQ);

Crossing fingers to not face the same problem, its not fair. Don't know who has the blame in this case, if its McGill of CCIP. I don't know how this things are here, but in Brazil this is totally passive to go to court. It's like: I give you a score, now I don't wan't to give anymore. There's a lot of things dependent of this, rental contracts, employment, even the full investimento of moving to Quebec.

Reactions: ayuki117

ayuki117

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Hi guys,

2 updates from 2 friends from Brazil that were waiting for 3 months of more and got the letter with deep investigation, as me.
- One of them got the CSQ last week;
- One of them got the refuse because the score changed from B2 to B1. We did the exam in the same day at McGill (TEFaQ);

Crossing fingers to not face the same problem, its not fair. Don't know who has the blame in this case, if its McGill of CCIP. I don't know how this things are here, but in Brazil this is totally passive to go to court. It's like: I give you a score, now I don't wan't to give anymore. There's a lot of things dependent of this, rental contracts, employment, even the full investimento of moving to Quebec.
one thing i don't understand is why the result varies, some b2 are lowered down to b1, some of them are not. i mean...why?
may i know your friend who got csq and who got lowered down the points, may i know their exact score? you think the score will make a different?
today, one of the chinese student just said that his score got lowered down from 313 points b2 to b1...

Mar 1, 2018
I don't know exactly their scores, either the reason of change. I think, those who are facing this situation should contact CCIP to know exactly why and what.
I sent an email yesterday to them asking if my score was changes, still no answer.

ayuki117

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
I don't know exactly their scores, either the reason of change. I think, those who are facing this situation should contact CCIP to know exactly why and what.
I sent an email yesterday to them asking if my score was changes, still no answer.
but does there a big difference between the ppl whose points lowered down and ppl whose points stayed?