+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

People who applied to a PR through PEQ/CSQ

mickzster

Oct 14, 2020
I have completed my 2-year master's in Quebec.

I have a PGWP, and looking to apply for a PR asap. I speak French and it's not a problem for me, I just need to do my TEFaQ (french exam) and I can apply for PEQ.
I figured that the road to obtaining a PR would be easier if I do it through PEQ, instead of waiting to get 1 year work experience and applying through CEC/FSW.

My question is, what comes after I get my CSQ (Certificat de Selection du Quebec)? Is it a shortcut to PR? Or is there a long wait like CEC/FSW?

If someone who already obtained their PR through PEQ can explain, that would be very helpful.

Thank you.

Reactions: powereng1982

ciecie

Mar 9, 2023
Hi, I am not sure about the other question but PEQ also requires at least 18 months of full time working experience. I don’t think there’s a shortcut.

mickzster

Oct 14, 2020
Hi, I am not sure about the other question but PEQ also requires at least 18 months of full time working experience. I don’t think there’s a shortcut.
But if I have a master’s degree, I don’t need work experience (according to what I read on the gov website)

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
A little correction about experience durations.

According to following link (the link that you have also shared)
https://www.quebec.ca/en/immigration/immigration-programs/quebec-experience-program/selection-conditions/quebec-graduates

Only diploma of vocational studies (DVS) holders are required to have least 18 months after the end of your study program

For all other PEQ-eligible diplomas (including masters, PhD), you must have gained paid work experience after completing your study program:

• Of at least 12 months
  • Full-time
  • In a job at level 0, A or B of the National Occupational Classification (NOC)
  • To be eligible, you must also hold a full-time job at the same NOC level 0, A or B when you submit your application. This job does not have to be related to your study program.