+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

People waiting for passport back after sent for PR visa 2023

mnova

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
Hey guys, this thread is for those who are waiting for the return of their passports... write it down starting from the day you got your ppr till the time you got your PR visa..and also where is your VO

My timeline

VO Pretoria, South Africa

-PPR received on August 16, 2023
-Passport sent August 24th
-Delivered by DHL at CVAC August 28th
-Reached High Commission Of Canada on August 29th...

....Now waiting for the return of my passport...

natasha09

Star Member
Jul 24, 2012
Hey guys, this thread is for those who are waiting for the return of their passports... write it down starting from the day you got your ppr till the time you got your PR visa..and also where is your VO

My timeline

VO Pretoria, South Africa

-PPR received on August 16, 2023
-Passport sent August 24th
-Delivered by DHL at CVAC August 28th
-Reached High Commission Of Canada on August 29th...

....Now waiting for the return of my passport...
Hi, I submitted passports to VFS global Mauritius on the 25th September, Passports received by the office on 29/09/2023 and is under processing, but as at date no update on passports. How long it takes??

mnova

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
Hi, I submitted passports to VFS global Mauritius on the 25th September, Passports received by the office on 29/09/2023 and is under processing, but as at date no update on passports. How long it takes??
What type of visa is it?

Mannie15

Oct 18, 2023
VO Accra, Ghana

-PPR received on August 15, 2023
-Passport sent August 18th
-Reached IRCC Accra on August 25th
....Now waiting for the return of my passport since...

mnova

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
for Permanent Residence
You will getting soon, it's taking somewhere between 4-6 weeks, in some cases they are taking a little longer.. but the normal waiting max it's 2 months... my visa was stamped on September 27th and I got it got delivered to me ( by dhl) on October 9th 2023...

Reactions: natasha09

natasha09

Star Member
Jul 24, 2012
You will getting soon, it's taking somewhere between 4-6 weeks, in some cases they are taking a little longer.. but the normal waiting max it's 2 months... my visa was stamped on September 27th and I got it got delivered to me ( by dhl) on October 9th 2023...
Thank you for your response

safeway

Aug 17, 2023
Hi mnova,

While you were waiting for the return of your passport, did you send any webform/ email to Pretoria VO to expedite its return?

Got my PPR on Sept 25
Sent passports and reached Pretoria VO on Oct 2 for PR visa stamping. No updates ever since.

portabletayo

Dec 28, 2023
Hi,
I submitted my daughter's passport to VFS Nigeria since 8th November, passport received and under processing. But as at date no further update on the passport. I have sent a webform, called no response.
Pls what should I do next.

wolex2024

Jan 17, 2024
Hello All,

I got PPR in December and submitted my passport on Dec 15 via Accra Office. I have noticed some updates on my tracker which was updated but then reversed.

This is what I mean,

For me, I had Eligibility, background, biometrics and medical completed

Spouse, All completed apart from Eligibility not started

Kids, Biometrics exempted, medical completed, eligibility not started and background verification in progress

On Jan 12th, All stages for my spouse and kids changed to completed.

On Jan 16th, Background verification went back to in progress for the kids and eligibility went back to not started for all dependants.

I hope I am not worrying too much but why will status change from completed back to in progress?

I'll appreciate your thoughts.