+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

people not attending

labasa

Jun 19, 2017
hi guys

i am finally getting married. i will have to sponsor my wife from india.

my parents can not attend as the flight is 4 hrs from her place and they are old and not willing to travel

what do i need to show why they are not attending the wedding.

plus will a letter suffice

lukeaidan97

Feb 26, 2017
Newfoundland, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/04/2017
AOR Received.
05/05/2017
I would advise you to obtain a notarized letter saying that money is the reason why they are not able to attend your wedding and that if they support your marriage that they state that on the letter to. Remember it has to be true and honest information on the letter.

labasa

Jun 19, 2017
I would advise you to obtain a notarized letter saying that money is the reason why they are not able to attend your wedding and that if they support your marriage that they state that on the letter to. Remember it has to be true and honest information on the letter.
thanks for the reply
..i do have the chat log on whats app about our initial contact till now

...it is a lot.How do i send those in.I know they only want 10 pages Do i show them once every 2 weeks entry.

plus we did talk about things like what she will do here, where we will stay, buying a house, long term plans.

what else are they looking for.

thanks for any help

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
hi guys

i am finally getting married. i will have to sponsor my wife from india.

my parents can not attend as the flight is 4 hrs from her place and they are old and not willing to travel

what do i need to show why they are not attending the wedding.

plus will a letter suffice
It depends, is it an arranged marriage?

If an arranged marriage, isn't it an important cultural tradition that the parents attend the wedding?

Or if it's a natural non-arranged marriage, how long as your relationship/engagement been before the wedding? If you've had a long documented relationship, then having a wedding in the absence of parents is explainable and shouldn't be a problem. However a short relationship and quick wedding with no parents, could cause problems with the application if IRCC suspects a marriage of convenience.

You would need to provide a bit more info on your situation to get better advice.