+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

people in the west still waiting

suresure

Nov 29, 2013
why people applied in June 2014 got test already in Ontario and we are still waiting for more than one year but still got nothing?

anyone know what happen?

the speed is so different

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Because people in Western Canada are discriminated against? Look-up "Western Disaffection" it may be on the exam......

Seriously, the discrepancy in processing time is getting outrageous. I will say that the Winnipeg office appears to have sped things up a bit, but it is still over a year behind some places in Ontario.

Kubik

Dec 1, 2008
Hi Suresure,
If my memory serves well your file was in Surrey office is that right? Our file is in Surrey and it has been 15 months since we submitted our application. Just last week we received our test invitation letter for December 10. If your timeline is similar to ours (like your application was sent in summer 2013 something) then you should be receiving a letter for test pretty soon.
Good Luck

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg is still the slowest , I know a person , took him over 3 years , I never asked about a routine or non routine application, but may be this is suppose to be like this , lol,

grape70

Sep 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it depends on the complexity of one's application and/or local office rather than west coast versus east. I'm a 2014 June Vancouver applicant and I already took the test on Nov. 5th. Is your local office Surrey? I heard that Surrey office is slower than Vancouver

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
That was very fast, I wish that we all may get the same speedy process, cheers
grape70 said:
I think it depends on the complexity of one's application and/or local office rather than west coast versus east. I'm a 2014 June Vancouver applicant and I already took the test on Nov. 5th. Is your local office Surrey? I heard that Surrey office is slower than Vancouver

can_aussie

Sep 2, 2014
Its all politics, conservative is already strong in Alberta and they want to focus on immigrants from east only to get their lost grounds. Clearly there is been discrepancy in allotting resources to various citizenship offices. Canada is behaving like 3rd world country in this respect.