+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

People, Im in a big DOUBT

minuz

Feb 21, 2014
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Dear Fellows,
My plan is to join SAIT for BACHELOR OF APPLIED TECHNOLOGY PETROLEUM ENGINEERING, but it seems that this course does not provide the requirements leading to registration as a professional engineer.
Im not really getting what they meant!

Is there anyone who can help me?

And if its a good course, can any one tell about the outcome and Career opputunities!
Also about the PR !
If am doing this Applied Bachelors will i be able to do Higher studies, Later on?!

PLS HELP :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ::) ::) ::) ::) :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
It simply means that this program is useless if u want to be a qualified engineer here in Canada. To be an accreditated engineer here in Canada, u need to graduate from an accreditated program, such as one from a university which is accreditated by any of the provincial engineering board such as in Alberta, its APEGGA.

The SAIT Petroleum engineering program is great, but only for the Diploma program one which is recognized by ASET. The bachelors program is only useful if u plan to take the degree back to a less developed country such as India, Africa or 3rd world country where all they need is a degree. So if plan to graduate and find a job as an engineer here in Canada as a petroleum engineer then this bachelors program at SAIT is quite useless as that will not help u to become an engineer here.

minuz said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Dear Fellows,
My plan is to join SAIT for BACHELOR OF APPLIED TECHNOLOGY PETROLEUM ENGINEERING, but it seems that this course does not provide the requirements leading to registration as a professional engineer.
Im not really getting what they meant!

Is there anyone who can help me?

And if its a good course, can any one tell about the outcome and Career opputunities!
Also about the PR !
If am doing this Applied Bachelors will i be able to do Higher studies, Later on?!

PLS HELP :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ::) ::) ::) ::) :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

prakashgupta

Mar 6, 2014
Hpanjola69 said:
What a joke.....can't stop laughing at this post. Common man visit UK then you will find out that there is no part time work permit for students here (Except University where you cannot work due high academic pressure). So, international students work here at the £2 per hour and then went illegal.
Do not even compare about Australia in terms of expanses. You will be charged $30,000 a year from low ranked university. Touching lion's tale is easier than finding a job in New Zealand.
There's nothing to laugh bro in my times UK is the best country to make money but recently they changed the rule i regret for that................

In Australia and USA(in present situation forget about European countries cause they changed the rules but in our times those are the best countries to make a lot of money)
In Canada u wont get decent salaries.......except if u r a IT/CSC student, If u r studying any core subjects,MBA etc etc u wont get a job in u r field, if u r a it/csc student you can make the double money in Australia/USA than here (best example is one of my friend is working here for 6000CAD per month(he is a software application tester) and another friend in California(USA) is making 15000 US $ for the same job) so if u compared this in terms of our money u can find the real difference......that's the reason most of the students DON'T prefer CANADA and fly's to USA and Australia and don't think u r a hero to make difference once if u r here u must change yourself......

so according to me if u are the one who wants to earn money and fly back to India for settlement then don't prefer Canada,, in present Situation USA, Australia are the best Countries k prefer them

Some stupids will tell that in Australia the cost of living is high don't trust them,(A simple example, Common-sense will reveal this why do people from villages in Maharashtra comes to Mumbai? as the expenses are double, triple in Mumbai when compare to their native places cause they want to earn money! a street sweeper in a village will earn 4000rs but in Mumbai they make minimum 8000-12000 so if u spend 5000rs living in Mumbai u can save 7000rs k that's the technique and a difference of 50-100$ is not really a huge difference
(in Toronto u have to spend around 600-700 for the same life style in Australia u have to spend 700-800 that's it but the minimum wage in Canada is 10.25CAD but in Australia it is 15.75 k)and coming to tuition u have to choose courses, colleges which are cheaper u can easily find university study in Australia for 18000AUD example(CQU, CSU etc etc..) but in Canada for a stupid useless PG diploma u have to spend 13000-15000CAD which after completing it is not useful to wipe u r ass also remember it k..... don't prefer university ranking if u have stuff u can easily land a job there are many students who are jobless who are studied in Harvard in real world college name or fame does not help you except u r marks which are easily gain able in low ranked university

and also main thing don't do PG diplomas here guys they are not much useful.....they can secure a job as a general laborer here k.....maximum aim for Masters so that u can get a decent job......

MSG me if u have any doubts k.......