+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pending officer final review

Arahman25

Nov 29, 2020
Hello folks!

I applied for study permit on 1st August, Medical passed & eligibility check started on 14th August. AIP received on 18th August. Biometric submitted on 16th November. Waiting anxiously for final decision. Got my application status update by email upon requesting through email and the reply was

“Please be advised that your application is currently pending officer final review. We are therefore unable to provide you with a definitive time frame for finalization. We can confirm, however, that processing is proceeding and there is currently no action required on your part.

Our office will be in touch with you directly should we need any further information or to advise of the next steps. Until then, we will not be able to provide any further information regarding your application.”

What’s this “pending officer final review” means? Under secondary clearance or something?

Thank you in advance

Arahman25

Nov 29, 2020
It means that there is a review pending and it has to be done by the VO. It's a no-brainer duh.
Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I understood the meaning. But my question was "Is there something I should worry about?" you just missed the tone.

jbdot0941

Jan 23, 2019
Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I understood the meaning. But my question was "Is there something I should worry about?" you just missed the tone.
There's no reason you should not be worrying. But isn't submitted a general thing. Also if you're here you surely know about terms like "application updated" Isnt that the status you should be worried about ? And if you're referring to the timeline, dont even bother, the processing times are no more realistic and fair

AMP20

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
Hello folks!

I applied for study permit on 1st August, Medical passed & eligibility check started on 14th August. AIP received on 18th August. Biometric submitted on 16th November. Waiting anxiously for final decision. Got my application status update by email upon requesting through email and the reply was

“Please be advised that your application is currently pending officer final review. We are therefore unable to provide you with a definitive time frame for finalization. We can confirm, however, that processing is proceeding and there is currently no action required on your part.

Our office will be in touch with you directly should we need any further information or to advise of the next steps. Until then, we will not be able to provide any further information regarding your application.”

What’s this “pending officer final review” means? Under secondary clearance or something?

Thank you in advance
Hey! Where did you apply from? and how did you get in touch with IRCC? through webform? My timeline is pretty much the same as you so any info will be helpful.

Arahman25

Nov 29, 2020
Hey! Where did you apply from? and how did you get in touch with IRCC? through webform? My timeline is pretty much the same as you so any info will be helpful.
Hi! I applied online and residing in Bangladesh. Sent them an email querying the current status. I know some applicants got the same reply as mine. Those applicants including me are fully funded by TA/GRA or some kind of scholarship.