Med's Done....
Yes
Interview........
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
YES
The only document they requested from my spouse for the interview is her passport. Is that a bad omen? I would think they would at least ask for more relationship proofs.

Is this a normal sentence in an interview letter?.... " This will be a selection interview, therefore, the invitation does not guarantee that your application for permanent residence will be approved. "

Any and all interview question links are appreciated.

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
SEPTEMBER 5, 2012 (Children's Meds)
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
MAY 8TH 2013 passed arc in process
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
you telling me you got an interview letter and all they ask was the passport, if its that then that a good thing that is the last thing they ask when they have made a decision, and they wouldnt ask for the passport if the decision wasnt good, so that is great news u should be happy

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
chickenkiev said:
The only document they requested from my spouse for the interview is her passport. Is that a bad omen? I would think they would at least ask for more relationship proofs.

Is this a normal sentence in an interview letter?.... " This will be a selection interview, therefore, the invitation does not guarantee that your application for permanent residence will be approved. "

hey chickenkiev...i think that when she go to the interview they will not even ask any question but just her to fill out some forms and hand in the passport and they will let her to come back and pick it up.that what i think

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chickenkiev said:

What really?
No questions at all except passport? Weird

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chickenkiev said:

I am not sure if an interview call should specify what proof's you may bring along with.
I would say its better to carry other proof's as well. If at the officer is not happy with the answers , physical proof's may help a lot

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
chickenkiev said:

When is her interview? If you still have time, I suggest you order the GCMS notes and see the officer's notes. It will clarify the reason and help you to prefer for the interview and to address their concerns.

It takes up to 30 days to receive the notes, and if she's not in Canada it will cost $5.

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BCgirl2012 said:
When is her interview? If you still have time, I suggest you order the GCMS notes and see the officer's notes. It will clarify the reason and help you to prefer for the interview and to address their concerns.

It takes up to 30 days to receive the notes, and if she's not in Canada it will cost $5.
I tried finding gcms notes in CIC - not getting the right link.
Also scanned through the sponsor and applicant's guides not finding it.

Can you tell me how to find the info regarding how to order GCMS notes?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
mickeyindia said:
I tried finding gcms notes in CIC - not getting the right link.
Also scanned through the sponsor and applicant's guides not finding it.

Can you tell me how to find the info regarding how to order GCMS notes?
hey,

to order the notes:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

However, this is an access to information act request. Typically, If you are not in Canada, this is what you use to see your notes. You would fill out the request form, and the consent form.
good luck,
Sweden

chickenkiev

Dec 3, 2012
Visa Office......
Kiev
App. Filed.......
Yes
AOR Received.
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Interview........
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
YES
millslu said:
you telling me you got an interview letter and all they ask was the passport, if its that then that a good thing that is the last thing they ask when they have made a decision, and they wouldnt ask for the passport if the decision wasnt good, so that is great news u should be happy
This was my thinking, but I wondered if it was just standard procedure to ask for the passport when going for an interview. So I dont want to get my hopes up too much. This PR process is making me bald from stress ! ;-)

Interview is in a few weeks, therefore no time to order and receive the GCMS notes.

Please bring the following original documents:

your passport.

munchkin80

Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 10th 2012
Doc's Request.
December 4th 2012, All sent January 3rd 2013
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
December 4th 2012
File Transfer...
September 20th 2012
Interview........
April 16th 2013 - "In Process" on E-Cas: April 17th 2013
Passport Req..
May 19th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon InshAllah
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
My husband has an interview coming up on April 16th as well,,,, And he was just asked to bring in his passport... i'm worried as hell :(

Anyone else with a similar case in the past who can shed some light on our situation would be much appreciated...

thanks guys!

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sweden said:
hey,

to order the notes:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

However, this is an access to information act request. Typically, If you are not in Canada, this is what you use to see your notes. You would fill out the request form, and the consent form.
good luck,
Sweden
Thanks Sweden.

1)I should use the IMM5563 and IMM5744?
2) I being a sponsor ( do i have rights to see the GCMS notes to see the application file number)
3) Should i need the principal applicant's consent for the same?
4) There is a 4a or 4b to choose physical file or electronic file? Which one should we select.

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
just asked passport ? something new i have seen. but you be ready with the other proofs if incase they want to see.
they conducted an interview (if just asking a passport ) may be because of the identification ..
i had interview few days before i was asked passport, marriage certificate and lot more but the visa officer just asked for my passport nothing else.

i would consider it as a good thing if they just asked your passport
goodluck for the upcoming interview

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
new chest x-ray requested for the medical extension on 20 August
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
simb said:
just asked passport ? something new i have seen. but you be ready with the other proofs if incase they want to see.
they conducted an interview (if just asking a passport ) may be because of the identification ..
i had interview few days before i was asked passport, marriage certificate and lot more but the visa officer just asked for my passport nothing else.

i would consider it as a good thing if they just asked your passport
goodluck for the upcoming interview
Do not stress out guys, about the interview, sometimes they need more relationship proofs but at times no, they just need to see the in person the applicant and put him, her a few questions.

If you are straight forward they will now.

Immigration officers are not friendly but you have nothing to worrie about if you are sincer.

Good luck to any one who is attending an interview.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
mickeyindia said:
Thanks Sweden.

1)I should use the IMM5563 and IMM5744?
2) I being a sponsor ( do i have rights to see the GCMS notes to see the application file number)
3) Should i need the principal applicant's consent for the same?
4) There is a 4a or 4b to choose physical file or electronic file? Which one should we select.
you can only access the notes about your file. If you want more then it should be your partner to order it (from what I understand). So the easiest would be to get the principal applicant's consent, like this you will have the full GSCM notes.
choose electronic file - it's faster, and like this it won't delay your file. If you choose physical file they have to pull your physicla file from the queue and you loose time.
Sweden

yousef canadain

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 20 2012
File Transfer...
01/08/2012
Interview........
24 02 2013
Passport Req..
NOT MADE DECISION
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING NO VISA
LANDED..........
WATING
can any one tell me after interview How long they will it take to respond desicion Usually???