+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pending divorce...so confused

ladysuz

May 27, 2009
My initial application to Sydney noted that my husband and I were separated. I included him on the application as a family member, noted he would not accompany me to Canada, and also included him on the Additional Family Information form. He also completed the Additional Family Information form for himself. I've learned since that he probably should have completed the Schedule 1 - Background/Declaration, but he didn't and Sydney did not note an error.

Since my initial application, we've formally separated (meaning signed a separation agreement) and the divorce is in progress. It will not be finalized before my 120 days are up, but should be shortly thereafter.

On my final application to Buffalo, I've made the following changes:
- Deleted husband from Application (page 2, details of family members)
- Deleted husband's Additional Family Information form
- Did NOT delete him from the Additional Family Information form since the divorce is not yet final
- Included a cover letter explaining the changes
- Included a notarized Non-Accompanying Family Members Declaration for my husband

I've been completely forthcoming about the status but am unsure if this is the correct way to handle it. If I include him as a family member, etc., then I believe he has to complete a Schedule 1 and I'm not sure he's willing to do that.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Thank you!