10-01-2018
Med's Done....
01-03-2018
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
Hi Techie....
An idea how is the job market there for NOC 2171...... How is the wages....Heard not so good health facilities.......
Please share your view.....would be good for prospective people like us to decide......
I am not seeing lot of job postings for 2171 on job portals unfortunately :( However, I assume that maybe there's something positive since I see very limited jobs here and there or maybe it may open up since PEI was accepting applicants with NOC 2171, I hope we can find more opportunities there.

I am not sure on the health facilities in PEI. I too am trying to get as much as information as possible. But there's no harm in accepting the nomination from PEI in case you haven't received a nomination from any other province and if you cannot wait or try to increase your CRS. You can always move out of the province to find a better job ONLY if the move is justified, I think it shouldn't be a problem :)

Please let me know if you get any details.

Thank you!

techie007

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-12-2017
Doc's Request.
21-12-2017
Nomination.....
29-12-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2018
Med's Request
10-01-2018
Med's Done....
01-03-2018
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
Hi all, congratulations to all who received and will receive ITA... I just submitted my EOI to PEI yesterday, got 77 out of 100. I have no relatives or Job Offer from PEI. Would you know if they are also giving chances to Administrative jobs? My NOC 1241. Thank you :)
Congratulations Shelly! BTW, have you got any response from PEI?

I would suggest you to keep checking the employment opportunities in PEI for your profile to know the current situation of the jobs there.

techie007

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-12-2017
Doc's Request.
21-12-2017
Nomination.....
29-12-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2018
Med's Request
10-01-2018
Med's Done....
01-03-2018
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
my NOC is 2171 ..I have the WES ECA for my bachelor and Master degree .
what should answer for above question in EOI ?

( Foreign qualification verified with the regulated body in PEI)
This is very tricky I must say :( I too am not sure about this :( But I am assuming that maybe there's a regulated body in PEI who actually assesses your qualification which is something similar to WES, but NOT WES. Would need to get more information on this.

Reactions: Wilson78

Wilson78

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
This is very tricky I must say :( I too am not sure about this :( But I am assuming that maybe there's a regulated body in PEI who actually assesses your qualification which is something similar to WES, but NOT WES. Would need to get more information on this.
Thank you for the support

heymanthkumar

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Congratulations Shelly! BTW, have you got any response from PEI?

I would suggest you to keep checking the employment opportunities in PEI for your profile to know the current situation of the jobs there.
Hi techie007, Could you please give me the below information.

where are you now?
Is there a chance of getting job in PEI without moving to canada ?
What's your approach for finding employment. do you search any specific job portals?

Thank you

techie007

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-12-2017
Doc's Request.
21-12-2017
Nomination.....
29-12-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2018
Med's Request
10-01-2018
Med's Done....
01-03-2018
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
Hi techie007, Could you please give me the below information.

where are you now?
Is there a chance of getting job in PEI without moving to canada ?
What's your approach for finding employment. do you search any specific job portals?

Thank you
Hello,

I am in India. Yes, you can get nominated if your NOC is in demand, but as already stated in the previous posts, PEI doesn't publish in demand NOC list so we don't know which NOC is in demand unless you get a response from them.

I have been told by my friends in Canada that most of the employers do NOT call on a foreign no so when you move to Canada, your chances of getting a call for the interviews are higher than when you are in a foreign country.

There are a lot of job portals where you can find jobs in Canada, you can refer to the below link.

http://canadianimmigrant.ca/guides/moving-to-canada/canadas-most-popular-job-search-sites

heymanthkumar

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Hello,

I am in India. Yes, you can get nominated if your NOC is in demand, but as already stated in the previous posts, PEI doesn't publish in demand NOC list so we don't know which NOC is in demand unless you get a response from them.

I have been told by my friends in Canada that most of the employers do NOT call on a foreign no so when you move to Canada, your chances of getting a call for the interviews are higher than when you are in a foreign country.

There are a lot of job portals where you can find jobs in Canada, you can refer to the below link.

http://canadianimmigrant.ca/guides/moving-to-canada/canadas-most-popular-job-search-sites
Thanks for the reply. I have 8 years of experience in .NET development. What's your work experience ? just wanted to understand how PEI sends nomination.

techie007

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-12-2017
Doc's Request.
21-12-2017
Nomination.....
29-12-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2018
Med's Request
10-01-2018
Med's Done....
01-03-2018
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
Thanks for the reply. I have 8 years of experience in .NET development. What's your work experience ? just wanted to understand how PEI sends nomination.
I have 6+ years experience. Well, they check the eligibility requirements as stated earlier, they also check the in demand list which they don't share with anybody. Please visit their website for more details.

hasim_canadavisa

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Saudi Arabia
I am not seeing lot of job postings for 2171 on job portals unfortunately :( However, I assume that maybe there's something positive since I see very limited jobs here and there or maybe it may open up since PEI was accepting applicants with NOC 2171, I hope we can find more opportunities there.

I am not sure on the health facilities in PEI. I too am trying to get as much as information as possible. But there's no harm in accepting the nomination from PEI in case you haven't received a nomination from any other province and if you cannot wait or try to increase your CRS. You can always move out of the province to find a better job ONLY if the move is justified, I think it shouldn't be a problem :)

Please let me know if you get any details.

Thank you!
I agree, considering the cut-throat competition in EE, it's the best to accept the PEI nomination and move.
But, will it be possible to move to other province as soon as we reach PEI? Because the jobs are so scarce, it may not wise financially to continue staying there.

techie007

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-12-2017
Doc's Request.
21-12-2017
Nomination.....
29-12-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2018
Med's Request
10-01-2018
Med's Done....
01-03-2018
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
I agree, considering the cut-throat competition in EE, it's the best to accept the PEI nomination and move.
But, will it be possible to move to other province as soon as we reach PEI? Because the jobs are so scarce, it may not wise financially to continue staying there.
I have come across a lot of mixed opinions on this questions since I too have the same concern, and as per my research it seems like you have to spend few days or maybe a month at least in the province that has nominated you and try to settle down, rent an apartment or a condo, apply for jobs and document the jobs that you have applied. If you do not find a suitable job for your profile, and if you get a better job elsewhere in Canada, only then you can move out of the province.

As per the The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms: Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right (a) to move to and take up residence in any province; and (b) to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province.

However, the Limitations are: The rights specified in subsection (2) are subject to (a) any laws or practices of general application in force in a province other than those that discriminate among persons primarily on the basis of province of present or previous residence; and (b) any laws providing for reasonable residency requirements as a qualification for the receipt of publicly provided social services.

Documenting the jobs applied is important in case if you are questioned by CIC or the provincial authorities later on and also it may not create any issues during your citizenship or when you renew the PR.

hasim_canadavisa

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Saudi Arabia
I have come across a lot of mixed opinions on this questions since I too have the same concern, and as per my research it seems like you have to spend few days or maybe a month at least in the province that has nominated you and try to settle down, rent an apartment or a condo, apply for jobs and document the jobs that you have applied. If you do not find a suitable job for your profile, and if you get a better job elsewhere in Canada, only then you can move out of the province.

As per the The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms: Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right (a) to move to and take up residence in any province; and (b) to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province.

However, the Limitations are: The rights specified in subsection (2) are subject to (a) any laws or practices of general application in force in a province other than those that discriminate among persons primarily on the basis of province of present or previous residence; and (b) any laws providing for reasonable residency requirements as a qualification for the receipt of publicly provided social services.

Documenting the jobs applied is important in case if you are questioned by CIC or the provincial authorities later on and also it may not create any issues during your citizenship or when you renew the PR.
It's very assuring to know that you have done your research.
My best wishes for your PEI journey.
Keep us updated.

Reactions: techie007