+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC - UAE - Emirates ID Card

rajshreem

Jun 8, 2015
Hi,

For the issuance of a UAE PCC, the Police Department in the UAE requires a "A copy of your former Emirates ID card" - however, when I lived there between 2006-08, I wasn't issued ANY Emirates ID Card. I do have a copy of my old driving licence but that's all

How to I proceed? Please help.

Thanks in advance!

gorkhethito

Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Aug
AOR Received.
31 Aug
rajshreem said:
Hi,

For the issuance of a UAE PCC, the Police Department in the UAE requires a "A copy of your former Emirates ID card" - however, when I lived there between 2006-08, I wasn't issued ANY Emirates ID Card. I do have a copy of my old driving licence but that's

Thanks in advance!
As far as i know.if you dont have emirates id..you need to follow the way that uae embassy in canada has mentioned in their website..just google it..its bit tough bt if you are in ontario..there is no problem..

Helios24

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
rajshreem said:
Hi,

For the issuance of a UAE PCC, the Police Department in the UAE requires a "A copy of your former Emirates ID card" - however, when I lived there between 2006-08, I wasn't issued ANY Emirates ID Card. I do have a copy of my old driving licence but that's all

Thanks in advance!
I recently did this, but I did it in person. I didn't have an Emirates ID as well, so all I had to provide was my current visit visa copy, passport copy, 2 passport pics, old UAE residential visa copy and the fees for the certificate. I was there in person, so they took my finger prints and gave me the good conduct police certificate in 3 days, I had to go in and collect it. Aside from the suggestion of checking with the UAE embassy in Ontario, I would suggest, calling their customer service line on the Dubai Police website and ask them what the requirements are in your situation. You might be able to expedite the process this way.

rajshreem

Jun 8, 2015
Helios24 said:
I recently did this, but I did it in person. I didn't have an Emirates ID as well, so all I had to provide was my current visit visa copy, passport copy, 2 passport pics, old UAE residential visa copy and the fees for the certificate. I was there in person, so they took my finger prints and gave me the good conduct police certificate in 3 days, I had to go in and collect it. Aside from the suggestion of checking with the UAE embassy in Ontario, I would suggest, calling their customer service line on the Dubai Police website and ask them what the requirements are in your situation. You might be able to expedite the process this way.
Great thanks for your help!

vinu.m.19

Sep 27, 2015
Hi ,

Any of you please let me know the validity of UAE-PCC. I read from some where that it is only 3 months. Is it true?
I am expecting to get my PR invitation shortly and I need to get the PCC by that time.
I don't have the Emirates ID card , so I think I need to follow the normal process via
finger print --> finger print attestation --> authorization --> approval from UAE Embassy --> send documents to UAE for PCC --> Collect the PCC
Also please let me know the normal duration of the above process , if you know.

Thanks

vinu.m.19

Sep 27, 2015
xyvexbalti said:
Yep its valid only for 3 months.
Thanks a lot for the update.
Do you have any idea about the duration of the process (Finger print : attestation : authorization : Embasy Confirmation : PCC from UAE). Will it take more than 2 months?

Will it be OK If am starting the process now and completing till Embassy Confirmation. Later when I get the Invitation I will send to Dubai for PCC

AngeletC

Star Member
Jun 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
NOC Code......
1112/2631
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
14-10-2015
Helios24 said:
@Helios24 I am in the process of requesting for PCC in Dubai from the Philippines. I would like to clarify, are you currently residing in Dubai? And, got the PCC in 3 days?

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
If you are currently residing in UAE, then the PCC is valid for 3 months. So, its better to obtain it after you receive the ITA.

If you have lived in UAE before and are currently staying out of UAE now, then your UAE PCC is valid indefinitely provided that you have obtained it after your stay in UAE.

For those staying outside UAE, there are 3 options to obtain PCC:
1. Ask your friend or relative in UAE to submit your application and collect the PCC on your behalf.
2. Send your documents by an agent
3. Personally visit UAE and obtain the PCC.

For all the 3 options, you need to follow the below procedure:
1. Get the UAE PCC application form online OR from the UAE Embassy. Fill it and attach photographs.
2. Obtain Finger prints from Police/CID on a card
3. Finger print card attestation by Ministry of Foreign Affairs (of your country of residence) -->
4. Attestation from UAE Embassy
5. Send these documents to UAE Ministry of Interior to obtain PCC

I hope this helps.

vinu.m.19

Sep 27, 2015
Re: PCC - UAE - (Dubai)

Hi ,

One more clarification on the PCC - UAE on step #2 mentioned below.

1. Obtain Finger prints from approved authorized by the RCMP --> Completed
2. Finger print authorization by Ministry of Foreign Affairs
3. Finger print legalization by UAE Embassy
4. Submit the application to Dubal Police for PCC

Do I need to submit original notarized Finger print document or a notarized color copy of the same for authorization and legalization .I am getting both answers from different people. Any help on clarification is really appreciated.

I called UAE Embassy and Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada (DFATD) and both of them are not giving proper confirmation.
They are saying anything is fine , but some people who submitted original got a rejection and vice versa as well happened.

MrTee

Nov 18, 2015
I believe you have to submit the original fingerprint documents which was obtained from Police/CID of your country of residence, that is what I did and got my Dubai pcc.

MrTee

Nov 18, 2015
sushsmart15 said:
If you are currently residing in UAE, then the PCC is valid for 3 months. So, its better to obtain it after you receive the ITA.

If you have lived in UAE before and are currently staying out of UAE now, then your UAE PCC is valid indefinitely provided that you have obtained it after your stay in UAE.

1. Ask your friend or relative in UAE to submit your application and collect the PCC on your behalf.

1. Get the UAE PCC application form online OR from the UAE Embassy. Fill it and attach photographs.
3. Finger print card attestation by Ministry of Foreign Affairs (of your country of residence) -->

I hope this helps.
I have left UAE long time ago but my PCC says valid for three months ... is that alright or PCC has to say valid for indefinitely?

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrTee said:
I have left UAE long time ago but my PCC says valid for three months ... is that alright or PCC has to say valid for indefinitely?
If you haven't returned back to UAE since you received your PCC, your PCC will remain valid for CIC purposes regardless of what the certificate says.

AngeletC

Star Member
Jun 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
NOC Code......
1112/2631
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
14-10-2015
sushsmart15 said:

I hope this helps.
Which police station to we go to if we personally obtain PCC ourselves?

Helios24

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
AngeletC said:
@Helios24 I am in the process of requesting for PCC in Dubai from the Philippines. I would like to clarify, are you currently residing in Dubai? And, got the PCC in 3 days?
@AngeletC, sorry just saw your post.

I used to live in Dubai, I recently went to visit and managed to get the PCC during my trip. As long as you have all your documents copies and passport pictures, the whole process takes 3 days.

The PCC is done at the Dubai Police General Headquarters near Al Mullah Plaza. Just be aware that there are a couple of Police departments in that area, so make sure you goto the one closest to Al Qiyadah Metro station, that's where they do the PCC. If you have trouble finding the place, I would suggest calling them ahead of time to get directions.

Good Luck.