+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC submission

Mfroiz

Jul 15, 2020
No one can apply in Express Entry without inputting results from either the IELTS General or CELPIP (Canadian English - available only in Canada and select destinations in the Middle East). You can estimate your score - superior language scores + Foreign work experience can add up to 50 bonus points, for example- but that won't take you as far as actually registering an EE profile.
Lack of Canadian work experience can be overcome by higher education, foreign work experience, and strong language scores. I'd start with the premise that you won't have a job offer that's worth CRS points because you are not likely to meet the definition of job offer as required by the system.
Ok, I went to the IELTS site and found they have a testing site in my hometown. So once I take the test and score at least a 7 in each category then I can submit it to my profile, correct? I also noticed that if you have a spouse they also require her to submit a test score too. So the first step should be to take the IELTS.

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
Spouses need only submit an IELTS score or education credential assessment if you are claiming points for her/his language and education on your profile. If you don't require those extra points, you needn't bother.
Oh, that reminds me - you also need to have your education assessed against Canadian standards. There are several eligible agencies. I usually use wes.org/ca/eca (not a commercial endorsement). Unlike your language scores (you will need to score 8 in listening, 7 in the other 3 skills) you can move forward if you expect your overseas degree to equal a Canadian BA or whatever, but will eventually need to provide the certificate number and ultimately to upload for ECA (education credential assessment) certificate.

Mfroiz

Jul 15, 2020
Spouses need only submit an IELTS score or education credential assessment if you are claiming points for her/his language and education on your profile. If you don't require those extra points, you needn't bother.
Oh, that reminds me - you also need to have your education assessed against Canadian standards. There are several eligible agencies. I usually use wes.org/ca/eca (not a commercial endorsement). Unlike your language scores (you will need to score 8 in listening, 7 in the other 3 skills) you can move forward if you expect your overseas degree to equal a Canadian BA or whatever, but will eventually need to provide the certificate number and ultimately to upload for ECA (education credential assessment) certificate.
Ok so to attest my diploma I will need to submit it to that website? Can I also submit my teaching certificate there too?

Mfroiz

Jul 15, 2020
Is your teaching certificate a separate educational credential as it is in Canada?
Yes, each state requires a teaching certificate as well as a diploma in Education. But I read that Canadian schools require a Canadian teaching certificate. Is it possible to receive from here in the States?

Mfroiz

Jul 15, 2020
You'd have to do research in whatever province you intend to live in - education is a provincial responsibility and we have 13 different systems.
Ok so each province is like our states and have different certification. So I'm assuming the one in Ontario will be different from the one in British Columbia

kamatchilavanya

Aug 2, 2019
Hello, my friend is an Indian. But he worked in Taiwan for 3 months. He's not claiming any points for it. Is it necessary to get PCC from Taiwan?

Mfroiz

Jul 15, 2020
So I was able to get the PCC but if it's addressed to the US embassy will this be an issue with IRCC? Or does it have to be addressed to the IRCC to be accepted?