+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC requirement before turned 18?

gn02090867

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Hi all,

I understand PCC is required from your country of origin. However, do you have to provide PCC for countries that you've spent more than 6 months before you turned 18?
For example, when you were 16, your family moved to another country for a year and came back to your country of origin. would you need PCC for that?

The confusing part is, on the EE portal, it doesn't specifically say AFTER 18. On the contrary, CIC website says AFTER 18 (ref: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/invitations.asp).

By the way, this is for CEC.

Please help, and if you don't mind, share your personal experience if similar situation has happened to you before.

Thanks!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"Police certificates
As part of a complete application, applicants, their spouse or common-law partner and their dependent children 18 years of age or older (including non-accompanying dependents) must submit a valid police certificate for all countries or territories (except Canada) in which they have lived for a total of six months or more, since the age of 18."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

gn02090867

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
DelPiero07 said:
"Police certificates
As part of a complete application, applicants, their spouse or common-law partner and their dependent children 18 years of age or older (including non-accompanying dependents) must submit a valid police certificate for all countries or territories (except Canada) in which they have lived for a total of six months or more, since the age of 18."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp
Thanks for your reply. I know what it says on their website. But here's what it says on the upload document portal:

You must provide a police certificate for every country, region or territory, other than Canada, in which you have spent 6 months or more. A police certificate is a copy of your criminal record, or a declaration of the absence of any criminal record.

Example: If you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

Police certificates are different in each country and territory and may be called police clearance certificates, good conduct certificates, judicial record extracts, etc. They are issued by police authorities or government departments and used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to determine a person’s admissibility to enter Canada.

Certain countries will not issue a police certificate, or provide the certificate directly to you. If this applies to you please provide a letter of explanation in lieu of a police certificate.

You will be advised if you are required to obtain a police certificate for Canada.

Police certificates need to be a scan of the original police certificate(s) in color. Certified true copies, unauthorized copies, or visibly altered police certificates are unacceptable and will result in the application being rejected as incomplete.

Once you have applied for a Police Certificate from a country, it is beneficial to upload evidence that you have applied in order to ensure that your application is not rejected as incomplete (examples of proof might include payment receipts, tracking numbers, etc.)

It doesn't mention 18 at all. I just want to be sure, since a lot of people get rejections because of PCC.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Follow the quote that I posted above, only get a PCC for countries for which you spent more than 6 months AFTER turning 18.

Reactions: aarrow14

jackhcd

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
CEC
DelPiero07 said:
Follow the quote that I posted above, only get a PCC for countries for which you spent more than 6 months AFTER turning 18.
+1

I spoke with an IRCC agent and confirmed that we only need PCC for countries where you've lived for a total of 6 months or more AFTER the age of 18

Reactions: aarrow14

nishadmakol

Nov 1, 2016
Hello Dear,

I need some clarification here. With the grace of almighty, I received my ITA in the last draw. I have started the post ITA documentation process. Specific question here is that as part of my international MBA, I have stayed in Singapore for 176 Days: 9th Apr 11 to 2nd Oct 11. Do you think still I need to get the Police verification from Singapore as well as these are 4 days short than 180 days mentioned by you?

Would really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks
Nishad

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nishadmakol said:
Hello Dear,

I need some clarification here. With the grace of almighty, I received my ITA in the last draw. I have started the post ITA documentation process. Specific question here is that as part of my international MBA, I have stayed in Singapore for 176 Days: 9th Apr 11 to 2nd Oct 11. Do you think still I need to get the Police verification from Singapore as well as these are 4 days short than 180 days mentioned by you?

Would really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks
Nishad
No i think technically you don't need one in your case as obviously it is less than 180 days , but i would suggest you mention this explicitly in LOE as to why you don't need a PCC for singapore. so that VO don't get confused .

nganminhhieu

May 21, 2017
Guys,
I need clarification regarding PCC with duration stay <6m in multiple countries.
My husband is my dependent in our application. He has traveled to many countries with short stays, the longest stay was only for 1 month in Singapore adding up all of his travels there.
However, in my document checklist, it still requires MULTIPLE PCC for him.
I am wondering if any of you here has encountered similar issue?. And what are your solutions?

MAny thankssssssss

nganminhhieu

May 21, 2017
Anyone can have me with thissss??? Pleaseeee

Guys,
I need clarification regarding PCC with duration stay <6m in multiple countries.
My husband is my dependent in our application. He has traveled to many countries with short stays, the longest stay was only for 1 month in Singapore adding up all of his travels there.
However, in my document checklist, it still requires MULTIPLE PCC for him.
I am wondering if any of you here has encountered similar issue?. And what are your solutions?

MAny thankssssssss