+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC required for Visitors ?

jampk

Oct 28, 2016
Hi Guys ,

If i lived total more than 6 months in oman but every month i was exiting the country so even then should i obtain the PCC from OMAN

My point of concern is that i was visiting oman only as a visitor but i was not having the resident permit

Waiting for the answer

Thanks,

kvn

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
jampk said:
Hi Guys ,

If i lived total more than 6 months in oman but every month i was exiting the country so even then should i obtain the PCC from OMAN

My point of concern is that i was visiting oman only as a visitor but i was not having the resident permit

Waiting for the answer

Thanks,
Short answer : yes.

Quote from IRCC : For example: if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

jampk

Oct 28, 2016
hi KVN,

Thanks for your reply

but middle east countries are giving PCC to a peRSON WHO IS OR WAS HAVING THE RESIDENT PERMIT BUT NOT A VISITOR

iN THIS CASE WHAT SHOULD I DO?

samroc

Oct 7, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
Here is the link to the information for getting an Oman PCC: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/oman.asp

Depending on how you read this, you may not need one since you did not live in Oman or possess a resident permit. I think its worth trying to get one but you can always put a note saying that you are unable to obtain one since you were never a resident.

Enaselayan

Jan 31, 2019
Hi Guys ,

Waiting for the answer

Thanks,
Plz tell me what happened with you?? Did cic request PCC ?? I have same situation but in Bahrain I spent 6 months visa on araival for business trips and don't have id or pR