+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC related question-Please help

bornhunter

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
One of my friend is going to apply for Express entry program very soon but he is having some confusion regarding indian Police clearance certificate because the address mentioned on his passport is different than where his family is residing right now.So he wants to know if he needs to give the address mentioned in the passport or where his family resides now.
Please help seniors.

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bornhunter said:
One of my friend is going to apply for Express entry program very soon but he is having some confusion regarding indian Police clearance certificate because the address mentioned on his passport is different than where his family is residing right now.So he wants to know if he needs to give the address mentioned in the passport or where his family resides now.
Please help seniors.
Please get pcc from passport seva kendra (psk). Its irrespective of address.

dkd2014

Nov 11, 2014
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apply for PCC to PSK
Pay fees and get appointment.
If address in Passport is same as current address - no issue.
Otherwise address proof of current address is required.
On date of appointment in PSK, you have to carry following docs.
1. Application receipt.
2. Self attested copy of passport.
3. Copy of Address proof

Originals also required.

Djikstra

Feb 25, 2016
bornhunter said:
Please help seniors.
Please get the PCC from PSK. It is advisable because it is accepted for the whole country. If you get a PCC from the local police authorities, it is treated accepted only for your local address in that area, which may not work if you have switched addresses.

bornhunter

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Thanks for the response everyone but my friend is an inland applicant, he is in Edmonton right now so where should he get that done here.?
And what docs would be required if he has switched the addresses.
And just a general question if someone's address on passport and current residence is similar would a pcc from a local police station be enough or he should get one from passport sewa kendra

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bornhunter said:
Thanks for the response everyone but my friend is an inland applicant, he is in Edmonton right now so where should he get that done here.?
And what docs would be required if he has switched the addresses.
And just a general question if someone's address on passport and current residence is similar would a pcc from a local police station be enough or he should get one from passport sewa kendra
He needs to contact Indian embassy/consulate that has got jurisdiction on Edmonton. For a person applying from India it is always better to get PCC from PSK.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bornhunter said:
And for someone applying from Canada, can he get the pcc from a local police station in india ( in his city ).
Yes, and I think the applicant has to be physically present at local police station. Bear in mind that CIC might not accept PCC issued by local police.