+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC Questions

A.Awan

May 26, 2017
Hong Kong
Hi All,
I'm expecting ITA this coming month so I have a couple for questions about PCC.

I've lived in my home country since brith to April 19 2015 as below:
  1. City A: Birth till age of 3.5
  2. City B: Age of 3.5 till age of 18 years 6 months and few days
  3. City C: Age of 18 years 6 months till April 19, 2015
  4. Stayed in present country since April 20, 2015
  5. Visited my home country for 2 weeks in September 2016
My present country doesn't provide upfront PCC but I can get upfront PCC from my home country. So:
1. Is it ok if I get upfront PCC prior to ITA ? How long is it valid for ?
2. My home country doesn't have centralised system so we need to get PCC for very city we've lived in. I need to get PCC from both cities B and C. Do I need to cover the 2 weeks home vacation in those certificates ? If yes, then how ?

Many thanks in advanced.

Last edited:

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

My present country doesn't provide upfront PCC but I can get upfront PCC from my home country. So:
2. I need to get PCC from both cities B and C. Do I need to cover the 2 weeks home vacation in those certificates ? If yes, then how ?

Many thanks in advanced.
I guess your current country is hk right?
1. Yes you can, and because you are not living there it won't expire unless you go back after get the PCC.
2. You just need a PCC from your home country, normally they do not have dates but "till the date".

Reactions: A.Awan

A.Awan

May 26, 2017
Hong Kong
1. Yes you can, and because you are not living there it won't expire unless you go back after get the PCC.
2. You just need a PCC from your home country, normally they do not have dates but "till the date".
Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Yes I'm in HK at the moment. I forgot to mention that my home country doesn't have centralised system so we need to get PCC for very city we've lived in. Does this change anything ? Also, how do we accommodate my 2 weeks vacation back home ?
Thanks.

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Yes I'm in HK at the moment. I forgot to mention that my home country doesn't have centralised system so we need to get PCC for very city we've lived in. Does this change anything ? Also, how do we accommodate my 2 weeks vacation back home ?
Thanks.
you are welcome. Maybe if you tell us your home country someone can help :)

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
  1. For your current country of residence: Even if you upload PCC upfront, they will ask for one passed AOR. If you upload one upfront, you will then be puzzled as to what to do once you receive the PCC request. Probably better to wait for them to ask for it and then upload. This little proactivity could confuse you later!
  2. If the not issuance of central PCC is a norm, then get whatever the authority provides. Chances are, CIC already knows what you are ought to produce, so this will not be a problem.
  3. Additional PCC delay applications processing times!

fahadazh

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Hi All,

2. My home country doesn't have centralised system so we need to get PCC for very city we've lived in. I need to get PCC from both cities B and C. Do I need to cover the 2 weeks home vacation in those certificates ? If yes, then how ?

Many thanks in advanced.
I think one PCC is enough it doesn't matter if you stay in 4 different cities in one country, if the one PCC is covering the entire stay from 18years till the date of your last exit from home country. No need to confuse immigration authorities with so many things, give them one with complete duration.

shanitin14

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Hi I have a similar situation.

CITY A, Address A: Lived from birth till June 2015
CITY A, Address B: Lived from June 2015 - Current

As t\I have the same city, Do i need separate PCC for both the addresses??

Ginni0890

Jun 30, 2017
I have got my PCC issued from city A where I am staying as a tenent presentely. However I stayed in some other address in same locality and same Police address for about 7 months prior to shifting the present address. My past address of stay as a teanent is not shown in pcc which I have already recieved. I have again appllied for same and expecting in about 10 days. My question is as I have already recieved my latest pcc and the period of stay in same locality awaiting pcc to be issued, can I submit my application with declairation in LOE. Thanks

premchandar.au

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
I have got mixed feedback from acquaintances so far. I currently reside in Singapore and a citizen of India. In the process of submitting my application. I have already secured the PCC from the Indian Embassy in Singapore. I am planning for a vacation to India before the submission. Does this mean I should obtain a PCC again once I come back?

CIC website reads as follows:
"For countries in which the applicant no longer lives, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the client lived in that country"

I live in Singapore now. I dont live in India but visiting India on vacation. Any feedback appreciated