+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC, question on Police Records - Someone please help !

questionfolk

Dec 12, 2009
Hello All. Here is my dilemma: :(

I had borrowed some loan back in my home country and I had issued checks based on my joint account with my partner, then I came to the U.S.

Though I had the money sufficient enough for the checks issued, my partner had withdrawn the money from my account and so there was no funds.

The checks got bounced, and a lawyer had sent summons to me and I was not aware of this. I am not sure if the bank had filed any police complaint on me during this time, I came to know about this case only last year and I duly paid the loan money and closed the bank account. When I had asked the bank through phone last year, the rep said bank didn't file any complaint but he told me as if he was not sure. So, I don't believe his words.

Now, I am not sure if this would appear as a criminal record when my consulate checks on my police criminal history for PCC (if the bank had filed any police complaint).

Can some one shed light please ?

van77

Dec 5, 2009
Dear,

The best way to know is to request your PCC and review it. If it has something that you disagree with, figure out a way to officially challenge the report.

Best of luck.
Van