+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC in USA - Need Help !!

Ankur Kaushik

Mar 5, 2018
I am currently finding ways to get PCC from FBI for Express Entry. It seems there are two ways to get that(if you are on a visa).
1. Identity History summary checks via mail - Which takes roughly 14-16 weeks
2. Identity History summary checks electronically - Which takes 5-6 Business days once they receive finger print card.

I am a bit confused as to which one should I choose. I want the PCC ASAP(my CRS score is 471) and if you go the electronic approach, you can ask for letter to be delivered via mail(which will take additional time).

Has anyone received PCC electronically and is that accepted by Canadian gov. Can someone please help me ?

jetsons

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
I am currently finding ways to get PCC from FBI for Express Entry. It seems there are two ways to get that(if you are on a visa).
2. Identity History summary checks electronically - Which takes 5-6 Business days once they receive finger print card.

I am a bit confused as to which one should I choose. I want the PCC ASAP(my CRS score is 471) and if you go the electronic approach, you can ask for letter to be delivered via mail(which will take additional time).

Has anyone received PCC electronically and is that accepted by Canadian gov. Can someone please help me ?
Electronic is the quickest, lot of folks including me on this forum have done it. You get it within a week.

ndshah26

Oct 11, 2017

If you are not a US citizen then you have to go with the first option. The second that you have mentioned - applicants go through channelers. This option is only available for US citizens. A lot of times consultants try to scam folks by luring the faster processing times. But the guidelines clearly say that only US citizens are allowed to go through channelers for FBI PCC...

Ankur Kaushik

Mar 5, 2018
If you are not a US citizen then you have to go with the first option. The second that you have mentioned - applicants go through channelers. This option is only available for US citizens. A lot of times consultants try to scam folks by luring the faster processing times. But the guidelines clearly say that only US citizens are allowed to go through channelers for FBI PCC...
Yeah but channelers are different. For my work, I went through a channeler and that was different than submitting on the FBI website. This is my confusion. The FBI website states that only I can request for "Identity History summary checks" for personal use which includes applying to live and work in different country. Also the FBI website explicitly states three option out of which first one is electronic and third one is channeler. If they both are same, why would the website state them differently ? (https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks)

This is my confusion. Is there a way to check if this works for non US citizens and permanent residents.

Ankur Kaushik

Mar 5, 2018
Also I think this electronic request option is new (Its written on their website in BOLD "AVAILABLE NOW"). Do you know of this ?

Damn these things are confusing.

jetsons

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
Also I think this electronic request option is new (Its written on their website in BOLD "AVAILABLE NOW"). Do you know of this ?

Damn these things are confusing.
The electronic edo option is not via channelers . You will still mail your fingerprints on a FD card to FBI directly. However you register, pay the fees online and you get a confirmation mail. This email needs to be sent in the mailing package as well alongwith the fingerprint cards.
This is a new alternate processing option which has been made available since feb 2018.

Others please comment if i am wrong.

Reactions: Ankur Kaushik

rajakaali

Dec 6, 2017
Hello,
I did the electronic request (option 2). Quick and easy once you have your fingerprint card ready. Also FBI is encouraging the electronic request over option 1. They are requesting people who submitted via option 1 to send an email with the option 2 order information so they can use the old fingerprints and refund the money for the earlier request.
Anyway, when you submit your reqest choose the mail option. You will get the PDF electronic version as soon as the background check is complete, via email. In addition, they will also mail you a hard copy via USPS.

Just to clarify, both options can be used by non-citizens.
Hope this helps.
Good luck.

Ankur Kaushik

Mar 5, 2018
Hello,
I did the electronic request (option 2). Quick and easy once you have your fingerprint card ready. Also FBI is encouraging the electronic request over option 1. They are requesting people who submitted via option 1 to send an email with the option 2 order information so they can use the old fingerprints and refund the money for the earlier request.
Anyway, when you submit your reqest choose the mail option. You will get the PDF electronic version as soon as the background check is complete, via email. In addition, they will also mail you a hard copy via USPS.

Hope this helps.
Good luck.
Thanks for the explanation. Quite stupid of me to ask but did Canadian Gov accept this ?

rajakaali

Dec 6, 2017
My application is in process, so I can’t answer that right now. But I did get my letter for the request I submitted through option 1 and its the same exact letter.

P.S the paper quality for option 2 is better. Lol

Reactions: Ankur Kaushik

Ankur Kaushik

Mar 5, 2018
My application is in process, so I can’t answer that right now. But I did get my letter for the request I submitted through option 1 and its the same exact letter.

P.S the paper quality for option 2 is better. Lol
Thank you !!. I was stressing out because i didnt realize it would take 3 months to get PCC in USA. I got PCC in India in just 20 mins. It was very streamlined and was all being run by TCS in Mumbai.

SIDVR

Feb 17, 2017
My brother lives in the USA for the past 10 years on H1B VISA. His passport has India address. He was wondering as can he do PCC in the USA or he needs to do it from India? Please advise.
Thank you

Jun 27, 2019
Hello,

Hope this helps.
Good luck.
Hi,

Can you please tell me that how much days it took to get your report to India? Do Canada Govt accept the PDF which gets generated?

Jun 27, 2019
H

Hi Ankur,

Did you received this? I am not sure how to proceed ahead? i just have 60 days now. Thanks a lot in advance