+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC from PSK (India) - different address please help!

sandhu2012

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Dear all,

My permanent address is Patna and passport also. My family still lives there. But I'm currently residing in Bombay as am working here.

I've heard that it will take 3 weeks for police verification if address is different from passport. Now since I'm single and I won't be available at home when the police authorities visit my current residential premises:

1. Should I apply in Patna PSK for PCC and fly there on the day of appointment?

Please provide your valuable advise if this will be a concern since my current adress is Bombay.

Thank you!
You can certainly apply in Bombay and after applying you can visit the police station in your area an ask them to give you a call when they come for the verification.

I did the same (in chandigarh) ..was not an issue at all.

They are supposed to call you when they come for the verification.
You can tell them the time when you will be available.

kayshapvivekk

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
My worry is different......i may go with this option of getting pcc on my permanent address (where i donot live from last 8-9 years), but want to crosscheck that will it not cause an issue further on stating 10 years addresses in EE profile or ITA information to be filled..since i am working in delhi/pune..but my address on passport states my native address and that too considering renewal in this year 2017. If this is not an issue,..,then ur answer helps...kindly suggest.
Hi Akhil, I am in the same situation, my permanent address is Assam but I have lived in Mumbai for the last 5 years, also do not have a address proof here, how did you finally go about it, do they cross check the ITA questionnaire? Because if I put my permanent address in the questionnaire there will be a disparity between my employment history and address history

Lovkesh

Oct 14, 2017
Hi Akhil, I am in the same situation, my permanent address is Assam but I have lived in Mumbai for the last 5 years, also do not have a address proof here, how did you finally go about it, do they cross check the ITA questionnaire? Because if I put my permanent address in the questionnaire there will be a disparity between my employment history and address history
Hi,

Did you get any answer for this. Or have u applied for PCC from your permanent address.

akhilmahajan5

Aug 11, 2017
Hi,

Did you get any answer for this. Or have u applied for PCC from your permanent address.
Hi..just mention your current address in your address history in your application. The permanent address mentioned on your passport shall not affect in any way. For reference, I got COPR following this way

Last edited:

akhilmahajan5

Aug 11, 2017
Hi,

Hi..just mention your current address in your address history. The permanent address mentioned on your passport is not a concern. I got COPR in the same situation. No questions asked.
Many thanks for your reply Akhil. Could u please elaborate. Think your comment is incomplete.
kindly check now

Lovkesh

Oct 14, 2017
Hi..just mention your current address in your address history. The permanent address mentioned on your passport is not a concern. I got COPR in the same situation. No questions asked.

kindly check now
Many thanks brother. Just to summarize, My permanent address is of Haryana and the same is mentioned on the passport but i am working in Delhi. I will book and appointment for PCC at PSK from where i received my passport ( In Haryana)

anivargh

Jul 2, 2020
You can certainly apply in Bombay and after applying you can visit the police station in your area an ask them to give you a call when they come for the verification.

I did the same (in chandigarh) ..was not an issue at all.

They are supposed to call you when they come for the verification.
You can tell them the time when you will be available.
Do u need to show address proof in Bombay?