+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC from Jamaica issue

chasinglight

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
My friend went to University in Jamaica and has been trying for four months to get her Police Certificate of Character from them but they keep saying they need some tax number which she doesn't have because she never worked there and isn't a citizen, she came back home as soon as she finished her degree and just got her PER. She doesn't want her application to be refused since they haven't given it to her. Is there anyway around this?

gravyflex

Oct 8, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-11-2014
Nomination.....
PER 03/2, CC 09/01
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
17/03/2015
Med's Done....
02/04/2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/03/2015
How did you go about doing the application? I did this recently. Since I have a TRN (TaxPayer Registration Number) I was able to pay the fee at a tax office.

In your friend's case:

Persons living overseas must submit:

1. Finger prints (to be signed and stamped by the police or a reputable agency – the name of the person taking the fingerprints must be clearly stated on the document)

2. Two passport-sized photographs (should not be certified or embossed)

3. Front bio-data page of passport (must be certified)

4. Bank draft/money order made payable to The Commissioner of Police

If the applicant does not have a Taxpayer Registration Number (TRN), payment must be made at the Jamaica Constabulary Force Finance Branch, Ground Floor, NCB North Tower, 2 Oxford Road, Kingston 5, then the receipt and documents taken to the Technical Services Division (Criminal Records Office), 34 Duke Street, Kingston.

https://www.mns.gov.jm/resource/how-obtain-police-record

I hope that helps.

gravyflex

Oct 8, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-11-2014
Nomination.....
PER 03/2, CC 09/01
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
17/03/2015
Med's Done....
02/04/2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/03/2015
chasinglight said:
Thank you Gravyflex!!!
If I were you i would try to call and speak to someone in that office. When you send the package I would use prepaid courier else they will send the PCC by snail mail. Stick with DHL or FEDEX.