+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC from Indian Consulate Chicago - Time taken?

ADA

Mar 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Mar 2009
Doc's Request.
07 Apr 2009 - Sent on 29 Jun 2009
How much time does it for them to process? As stated does it take 60 days?

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
I don't know about Chicago...but in San Francisco.. it is 4 weeks.

probably it should be the same time line in Chicago also.

canadp

vishals_me

Star Member
Apr 20, 2009
NY/NJ/PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2010
Doc's Request.
20-05-2010
AOR Received.
20-12-2010
Med's Request
12-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012
Interview........
12-01-2012
Passport Req..
19-06-2012
Even i live in chicago, i tried calling them last week and the automatic message systems says:
if indian passport inssued from chicago consulate since less than 5yrs then it takes 60days for first stage and then second stage

if passport has been inssued more than 5yrs, i dont know,,i forgot wat then said for this..

bavarian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2009
Even I am waiting since last 30 days for my PCC from indian consulate in chicago. Has any one had any experience with PCC from indian consulate in chicago. Is there a way to expedite this.

ADA

Mar 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Mar 2009
Doc's Request.
07 Apr 2009 - Sent on 29 Jun 2009
I only heard horros stories of 'how chicago consulate guys never respond to calls or emails'.
I guess they are either fed up of people calling or they are super 'desis' with chalta hain attitude!

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
Hi friends.... I had the same problem i.e needed a PCC from India while I was abroad.... but when I heard the horror stories of PCC through India consulates I decided to apply from India... I sent an authorisation letter in the name of family member addressed to SSP and requested for PCC stating that I was abroad along with the passport photocopy.... it worked out fine and I had my PCC withing two weeks .... the pcc did state that I was abroad and was issued for the period for which I was in India.... which was ok. Try this out ...ask some one to go to ur local ssp office and see what they advise.... meanwhile if u already applied through Indian consulate in usa.... let it proceed.. this is just an advise please use ur discretion... if it is ok in ur case/circumstances..all the best.

tatvi

Mar 9, 2009
Hi,
I spoke to someone in the consulate and below is the process he mentioned.
There were two parts for issuing the PCC. (Check the chicago consulate site for details).

In part-1, we submit the documents and they would try getting the clearence from India. After 60 days, if they don't receive any, they are authorized to issue PCC from the consulate here. So, part-2 could start after 60 days whether they receive clearance from India or not.

If it's past 60days from the date you submitted for PCC, you could send a follow-up letter with the PHASE-2 documents and they'll take care.

Good Luck.

Regards,
tatvi

stlguy

Star Member
Oct 21, 2008
I got my PCC from Chicago Consulate.. It is a nightmare to reach them by phone.. Try calling them around 1 PM, i have been able to get through to them at that time.

In my case, they made me wait 60 days, and on the 61st day, i went to Chicago personally, submitted my passport and got the PCC the same afternoon.

Everyone i spoke to in the consulate did the same. Wait for 60 days.

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
Dear Bavarian..... I think you can apply from India as well if u need the PCC urgently..... there is no restriction (that I have heard of) that you can not apply from Indian consulate and from India at the same time...just send some one to your local SSP office and get the information/advise..... all the best.

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
Dear Baravarian .. Hi. I do not which country you are in? Just check on the CIC site from which office(s) they accept PCC in your country. The PCC is not stamped on your passport .... it is a document which is issued after police verification/checks. Hope that helps. All the best.

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
Hi. Usually following documents should be suffice for you to get a PCC from India 1) your passport copy, notarised if possible 2) your ration card copy notarised if possible 3) two recent photos 4) authorisation in name of a family member to apply pcc on your behalf. 5) your name in the voter list if available/registered. Your local ssp office in India should advise if you need anything else.... All the best.