15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
Hello,

Did anyone apply for PCC from India in India to apply for Citizenship?

We are traveling to India this month and planning to submit a citizenship application before we go so that we can send PCC in a month.

Gibacho

Aug 13, 2017
You can apply through the passport office portal but I am not sure if it would be valid. Shouldn’t all of your stay in India be covered by the PCC? If that’s the case it’s advisable only to apply once you are back in the country.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello,

Did anyone apply for PCC from India in India to apply for Citizenship?

We are traveling to India this month and planning to submit a citizenship application before we go so that we can send PCC in a month.
1. why would you risk having you citizenship application returned because of incomplete documentation?
If you surely know that you need PCC at the time of application, why would apply with missing documentation. At times IRCC can requests for the PCC but other times users have experienced that there application has been returned
2. You need to apply for PCC after you last exit the country.
3. Read the PCC requirements below if you really need one https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

Police certificate(s)

You need to provide a police certificate from each country, other than Canada, if you were there

• in the past 4 years
  • for 183 days or more in a row
  • since the age of 18

• Indicate in the chart the name of each country and provide a police certificate.

You don’t need to provide a police certificate if
    • you were in your country of origin immediately prior to becoming a permanent resident and landing in Canada, and
    • this time falls within the past 4 years

• If you can’t get a police certificate, tell us why in the explanation box.

To be valid, the police certificate must be either issued
    • after the last time you were in that country, or
    • no more than 6 months before the date you sign your citizenship application

• We may request a police certificate at any point during processing, even if you submitted a valid certificate with your application.

Find out how to get a police certificate

See the following examples to help you answer this question.

Example 1

You lived in France for one year (365 days) before you became a permanent resident 3 years ago. You did not travel to France after you became a permanent resident. You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from France if you did not provide one with your immigration application. If you provided a police certificate from France with your immigration application, tell us this in the box provided at Question 10b.

Example 2

You became a permanent resident 3 years and 9 months ago. In the past 4 years, you lived in Brazil for 3 months (90 days) before you became a permanent resident and you returned to Brazil to visit family for 4 months (120 days) after you became a permanent resident. You would answer “No” to the question and you would not need to provide a police certificate from Brazil because you did not spend 183 days or more in a row in Brazil.

Example 3

In the past 4 years, you took 10 trips to the United States of America (USA). Each trip lasted 3 weeks, for a total of 210 days. You would answer “No” to the question and you would not need to provide a police certificate from the USA because you did not spend 183 days or more in a row in the USA.

Example 4

In the past 4 years, you travelled to Singapore four times for work. The first trip was for 30 days; the second trip was for 200 days; the third trip was for 60 days; and the fourth trip was for 120 days. While in Singapore, you took a trip to Malaysia (10 days) and Thailand (10 days). You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from Singapore because your second trip was more than 183 days in a row. You would not need to provide police certificates from Malaysia or Thailand.

Example 5

In the past 4 years, you took 1 trip to Europe where you visited Portugal (5 days), Spain (7 days), France (10 days), Belgium (3 days), Netherlands (3 days), Germany (21 days), Switzerland (7 days) and Italy (21 days). You took a second trip to Europe where you visited Ireland (14 days), Scotland (14 days) and England (21 days). You went to Germany for a business trip that lasted 60 days. The total time you were outside of Canada was 186 days but you were not in a single country for 183 days or more in a row. You would answer “No” to the question and you would not need to provide police certificates from any of the countries.

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
1. why would you risk having you citizenship application returned because of incomplete documentation?
If you surely know that you need PCC at the time of application, why would apply with missing documentation. At times IRCC can requests for the PCC but other times users have experienced that there application has been returned
2. You need to apply for PCC after you last exit the country.
3. Read the PCC requirements below if you really need one https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

Police certificate(s)

You need to provide a police certificate from each country, other than Canada, if you were there

• in the past 4 years
  • for 183 days or more in a row
  • since the age of 18

• Indicate in the chart the name of each country and provide a police certificate.

You don’t need to provide a police certificate if
    • you were in your country of origin immediately prior to becoming a permanent resident and landing in Canada, and
    • this time falls within the past 4 years

• If you can’t get a police certificate, tell us why in the explanation box.

To be valid, the police certificate must be either issued
    • after the last time you were in that country, or
    • no more than 6 months before the date you sign your citizenship application

• We may request a police certificate at any point during processing, even if you submitted a valid certificate with your application.

Find out how to get a police certificate

See the following examples to help you answer this question.

Example 1

You lived in France for one year (365 days) before you became a permanent resident 3 years ago. You did not travel to France after you became a permanent resident. You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from France if you did not provide one with your immigration application. If you provided a police certificate from France with your immigration application, tell us this in the box provided at Question 10b.

Example 2

You became a permanent resident 3 years and 9 months ago. In the past 4 years, you lived in Brazil for 3 months (90 days) before you became a permanent resident and you returned to Brazil to visit family for 4 months (120 days) after you became a permanent resident. You would answer “No” to the question and you would not need to provide a police certificate from Brazil because you did not spend 183 days or more in a row in Brazil.

Example 3

In the past 4 years, you took 10 trips to the United States of America (USA). Each trip lasted 3 weeks, for a total of 210 days. You would answer “No” to the question and you would not need to provide a police certificate from the USA because you did not spend 183 days or more in a row in the USA.

Example 4

In the past 4 years, you travelled to Singapore four times for work. The first trip was for 30 days; the second trip was for 200 days; the third trip was for 60 days; and the fourth trip was for 120 days. While in Singapore, you took a trip to Malaysia (10 days) and Thailand (10 days). You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from Singapore because your second trip was more than 183 days in a row. You would not need to provide police certificates from Malaysia or Thailand.

Example 5

In the past 4 years, you took 1 trip to Europe where you visited Portugal (5 days), Spain (7 days), France (10 days), Belgium (3 days), Netherlands (3 days), Germany (21 days), Switzerland (7 days) and Italy (21 days). You took a second trip to Europe where you visited Ireland (14 days), Scotland (14 days) and England (21 days). You went to Germany for a business trip that lasted 60 days. The total time you were outside of Canada was 186 days but you were not in a single country for 183 days or more in a row. You would answer “No” to the question and you would not need to provide police certificates from any of the countries.
Thanks for the information and I will until I return from my trip.

But the question is, can I get the police certificate while I am in India? and apply after I am back

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thanks for the information and I will until I return from my trip.

But the question is, can I get the police certificate while I am in India? and apply after I am back
Like I mentioned above you need to apply for PCC after you have left the country/India

I would suggest, apply for PCC now with BLS which will take few weeks and once you are back you are good to apply for your citizenship

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
Like I mentioned above you need to apply for PCC after you have left the country/India

I would suggest, apply for PCC now with BLS which will take few weeks and once you are back you are good to apply for your citizenship
Thanks for the suggestion
Do I need to submit the original passport with the application when I apply at BLS?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thanks for the suggestion
Do I need to submit the original passport with the application when I apply at BLS?
Its been 5 yrs since we got our PCC from BLS
If I remember correctly yes they do take the original passport for the PCC application. I am not sure if this still the case, maybe you wanna call them and ask or wait for other members to provide you their feedback
If in the unlikely scenario that you have to submit then you will have to apply for PCC after you come back.
Once you leave you can ask one of your family members back home to apply for PCC on your behalf in India if that is a possibility and is quicker

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Rarely I disagree with @abbas.pasha but getting PCC for the travel you did before(183+ days) and using your latest trip to get PCC should not be a big issue.
I read "last exit the country" as part of the 183+ day trip that you don't get PCC within that trip but can use another trip of lesser than 183+ days to get PCC.

The issue I am seeing these days for requesting PCC from BLS is that they are triggering police enquiry at the place your passport address is from and then someone(family/friend/relative) needs to go to that police station and get things done(bribe etc...) . Without which the application is getting stuck.

If you go to India and request PCC from passport office, the process is pretty seamless and even if it triggers a police enquiry you are there to handle it on your own.

Reactions: abbas.pasha

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Rarely I disagree with @abbas.pasha but getting PCC for the travel you did before(183+ days) and using your latest trip to get PCC should not be a big issue.
I read "last exit the country" as part of the 183+ day trip that you don't get PCC within that trip but can use another trip of lesser than 183+ days to get PCC.

The issue I am seeing these days for requesting PCC from BLS is that they are triggering police enquiry at the place your passport address is from and then someone(family/friend/relative) needs to go to that police station and get things done(bribe etc...) . Without which the application is getting stuck.

If you go to India and request PCC from passport office, the process is pretty seamless and even if it triggers a police enquiry you are there to handle it on your own.
Thanks for correcting me...
I'd get back at yaa ... hindi main bole to maa kasam, chodunga nahin :p

• Haha
Reactions: forw.jane