+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC from India

TarunVerma

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
All, I know I can request PCC from indian consulate here in USA but my question is, do I have to mention my address in India on the request form. Most likely this is YES. Now question is, which is the address that I need to use on the form that I am going to submit for PCC? Address on my Indian passport OR any other address is also fine. Reason I am asking this question is, on my passport, I have my uncle's address but I never stayed there. Only reason I used that address on my passport to avoid hassle in getting passport since I stayed at various address before applying for passport and it was difficult for me to get all those details for Passport office. So I just chose to give my uncle's permanent address.

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not sure what is situation in india, do you issue one general PCC or every state issue a seprate PCC? if case second, if your actual adress and adress on passport is within same state, then i think there should no any problem, if its different and you need PCC from each state, then you will need PCC from both adresses. By the way, you need a PCC from place where you have had been lived more then 6 months since your age 18.

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010
1 pcc per country

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aanbaan said:
1 pcc per country
wrong, atleast not for all. Developed countries may issue only one certificate where they use computerized database and one pcc actually represent record of whole country, but as i mentioned above, I am not sure situation in India, but if talk about Pakistan, we need PCC from each district /devison where we lived more then 6 months since age of 18. Forexample, I was born in XYZ and then lived and raised in YZX which is hundered of miles away from XYZ, do you think it would be enough for PCC only from XYZ? even assume you have reason, atleast it will keep in freez my background check while probably I gonna declare that I was living all my liife in YZX. But again, all depend on system in place where you are.

swaps82

Star Member
Apr 9, 2009
hi!,
I got my PCC from Mumbai, India last week & it is supposed to be all India PCC.
I went to the local Passport office paid 300Rs gave my passport 2 copies of current address proof.
They dont ask you to prove your previous addresses.
Got the PCC next day itself. It is really fast here.

I guess u go to the Indian consulate in the US & ask them 4 help. Im sure they will help you.
As far as i know my friend who did his PCC from US for Canada got his PR last week & he said
the same & those guys track your case in India.

Hope this helps. All the best.

Thanks

Swaps.

TarunVerma

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Well, basically I stayed at various places In Pune (India) before applyting for passport. When it came to apply for passport, rather than giving proof of stay at vaious address, I choose to give my uncle's address in pune and got my passport delivered there. My Pasport also has my uncle's address on it. I stayed at around 4-5 addresses for mre than 6 months. Do you guys think that when I apply for PCC, police station in my uncle's area will be notified to get the details? If so, and if they say that they do not have record of me staying there anytime...what will happen? Will they try to contact my Uncle to get the details? What if they found that I never stayed at that address?

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Above a member has mention that you can even obtain your PCC from Indian Embassy too and its valid for CIC, so I am sure indian applicants need one PCC. There are so many indian on this forum, please try to search PCC from india or some thing like this in above search box, hopefully you will find information regarding your query.

sim44

Jun 3, 2009
I am getting confused reading the replies .I too am applyig from india but have lived in about 3 different states.
So, does one PCC from my permanent address which is also present on my passport suffice?

Please answer my query.

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010
no.. provide only 1 PCC from India. I've never seen a scenario where they have asked for add-on PCCs from India

swaps82

Star Member
Apr 9, 2009
Hey! All,
There is only 1 PCC from India. As, i have lived in Mumbai, i went to the local Passport Office, filled up the form it doesnt matter wherever u stayed in India. U give your passport to them they check if you have any criminal record in India through your details on Passport which is your name dob & current address.
I got it the next day.

thomasabu

Aug 9, 2009
My wifes passport was issued in Mumbai before marriage while she was studying. She has a valid ration card to prove her new address. She is travelling to Mumbai the day after. please advise which office she has to go and what documents she need to carry with her.