+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC from India Timeline

Rangrez

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Hi,
My and my spouse's passports were issued from Chicago. I was under the impression that we will get PCC from Indian Consulate Chicago on the same day but it didn't happen as we expected. I got my PCC same day but for my wife's PCC they have to send docs to India to get it done.

I have already received an ITA on 17th April and I am not sure that if PCC will be done in the next 3-4 weeks. I have all of the documents ready to upload except PCC and medical( just waiting for PCC and there is no waiting for medical appointments).

Has anyone faced a similar issue?
How much time it will take to get PCC done from India?
Is there any way I can expedite this process?

Any replies will be highly appreciated.

Rangrez

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Thanks for the reply. I just read somewhere that Indian consulate will send only Personal particulars form. Police verification will be done by your local police station (near to the address mentioned on particulars form). Send someone there and get it cleared then wait for it.

Rangrez

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Another reply on a different forum is, you can upload all the docs and upload PCC receipt. Once you get your PCC, upload it using web form.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks for the reply. I just read somewhere that Indian consulate will send only Personal particulars form. Police verification will be done by your local police station (near to the address mentioned on particulars form). Send someone there and get it cleared then wait for it.
That is true. But, consulate sends email to the passport office. Then passport office sends request to the police station to do the verification. So you can check with the local police station to see if they have received the request.