+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC from countries that require request from IRCC

danchavacr

Jul 12, 2017
Hello friends!

I have a question about the process for requesting a PCC from a country that requires IRCC to request it (concretely, Mexico). In the instructions, they mention that we have to upload a placeholder in the application, and then wait for further instructions after AoR.

However, a little bit further down they mention that we have to send fingerprints, photos, passport bio page, and the following information: "file number, name of visa office, Canadian embassy or consulate or Case Processing Centre where your file is being processed, your full name and date of birth."

Now, my question is, is there something else I need to wait for to submit the request and if so, how/when can I expect this? Or is it enough if I know my file number (which I guess is the E000XXXXXX format number and the visa office which is processing my case)? I ask because I read someone else in this forum mentioned that they just sent the package to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico after AoR without receiving anything from IRCC and it was fine.

Thanks in advance!

shutty

Nov 24, 2016
I had a similar process for Thailand PCC, I notified them that I needed the PCC in my letter of explanation. Then they gave me a request for additional information and a letter with instructions

Reactions: danchavacr

danchavacr

Jul 12, 2017
I had a similar process for Thailand PCC, I notified them that I needed the PCC in my letter of explanation. Then they gave me a request for additional information and a letter with instructions
Thanks, shutty.

By any chance do you remember how long after AoR did you receive the letter? We are traveling to Mexico in about 2 months, and are wondering if it would be faster to request the PCC through the embassy or doing it in person.

Thanks!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, shutty.

By any chance do you remember how long after AoR did you receive the letter? We are traveling to Mexico in about 2 months, and are wondering if it would be faster to request the PCC through the embassy or doing it in person.

Thanks!
You'll receive the request once you pass your medicals.

Getting the PCC directly with PGR takes about a week in comparison to getting it through the embassy which can take months but the issue here is the validity of such PCC as Mexico is not your country of residence.

shutty

Nov 24, 2016
Thanks, shutty.

Thanks!
I received AOR on August 28th and then received the letter with the request and instructions on the 15th September.

Just call your local embassy and ask about the process. I had to track down a company in Calgary at are RCMP certified for the fingerprints as the Calgary Police stopped providing them.